Sign in to follow this  
wildwood

Ocotillo Night Ride Tonite? Friday 3/10/17

Three things are certain to happen this day if all goes to plan.  I'll be in Ocotillo camping with the family, I'm going for a night ride, and I plan to end up at the Lazy Lizard for a cold brew at the end of this ride.

If anyone is up for this activity, post up and we can meet in Ocotillo to stage.  I'm thinking ksu 7:00 pm, run out to Dos Cabezas to S2 and loop back towards staging on the north side of S2.  Beginner to Intermediate ride on jeep trails with sand, rocks hills and drops. If you've ridden in the desert at least once and know what to expect, it's doable.

husky-nilights.jpg

dang it . this is right up my alley (literally).

next week on the calender?

4 hours ago, 350thumper said:

dang it . this is right up my alley (literally).

next week on the calender?

I got company in town next weekend, probably not.

It's a BIG, FAT FULL MOON tonight Thumper.  And COLD beer at the end.  The time is right. 

Im jealous was thinking 2 night ago its almost time for desert night ride 

1 minute ago, Bp619 said:

Im jealous was thinking 2 night ago its almost time for desert night ride 

Another Blair Valley, Pinyon, Fish Creek night run is in order.

17 minutes ago, wildwood said:

Another Blair Valley, Pinyon, Fish Creek night run is in order.

Yup your reading my mind nice little 100mile loop

a cold beer In the night desert sounds prteey good right about now.

In once the BRP gets fixed up

....for the next one that is...

13 hours ago, Oracle said:

....for the next one that is...

Definitely.  A little more lead time on the post would have been nice, next time.

Desert night riding in perfect weather, on a full moon no less.  Good times. The set of newly mounted 18w LED lights worked great.  Never had it that good.

And for the record, mission accomplished.

http://www.whereamiriding.com/my-profile/userprofile/wildwood

lizard20170310.jpg

I was going ask you about those LED pods. Did you make a custom mounting bracket? Direct wired to the battery or through ignition. I have a set sitting around that I originally purchased for my 950 A but may rig a temp mount for my 530.

35 minutes ago, Oracle said:

I was going ask you about those LED pods. Did you make a custom mounting bracket? Direct wired to the battery or through ignition. I have a set sitting around that I originally purchased for my 950 A but may rig a temp mount for my 530.

I bought a set of 4 of these off Amazon for under $40 delivered.  Ridiculously low priced.  Brackets included.  Brand Name 'NiLights' http://www.nilight.com/

A while back I had Jim Martin originally set up the bike with some 10w LED's direct from the battery through a switch.  The bolt on the Husky upper triple clamp is squared up nicely for a mounting point, just need a 3/8" thick by about 7/8" wide bushing to widen & sq. the mount and slightly longer bolt.  I just spliced these in, the brackets worked without any other mods.  I think these are rated at 1260 LM each. It was good.

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

Cyclops led in o.e. headlight housing and a helmet light with battery pack some kit's even have off bike wired helet lights. I took the same pods wildwood has off my 950se cause the weight and the cyclops led bulb overpowered it and helmet light is amazing when terrain is uneven and rollers