Sign in to follow this  
carguy

PSA

PSA
This weekend I had a awesome time in the desert with friends. Sunday I raised the bed and started loading the Jeep and bike. The lights in the RV were on for a couple hours. I went back in and noticed a smell like something was burning. I turned the lights off. At home unloading and cleaning the sheets and clothes. Lowering the bed I noticed my sweats were stuck to the light. The lights got so hot and melted the plastic lenses and started burning the sweat pants. Had I left the lights on it would have burned down. I am replacing all the lights with LED that burn much cooler, only $12. Change your lights. My lucky day!

rv light.jpeg

sweats.jpeg

Close call! 

I got replacement led dome light bulbs on ebay for stupid cheap, 3 for a buck. 

Thx. Will double check things.

I had an "auto light on" circuit board failure on our "Kenmore" (LG) fridge for the past few years. I replaced the switches twice but that didn't do it this last time.

Found out there was a class action lawsuit against LG, houses burned down, etc. We were never notified by LG, Sears or anything.

They replaced the circuit board and other things free, but I unscrew the light bulbs if we're going to be gone for a bit just in case.

Glad you caught that, CG.

Yup i did that with my old bunks too in our weekend warrior. Now all leds 

When I bought my Weekend Warrior they warned me that there were a bunch of trailers burned down that way. Insured? Maybe I could quit making payments, nah they never pay enough.