skincer

Yikes - I'm Back

I had a street bike 20 years ago.  Then in 2007, I bought a Suzuki DR 200 and joined this site, but for some reason never managed to get going with this hobby. After a little over a year of owning my bike and having ridden it very few times, I sold it. 

Then, in 2014 I got the itch real bad to get back into dual sport riding again, but wondered if it was just going to be a passing desire and TrophyHunter was kind enough to invite me down to ride one of his bikes.  I’ve always been super impressed by how helpful and kind everyone that is a part of this group is. 

For some reason, I didn’t pursue it any further which brings us to today.  I just bought a 2015 Yamaha XT250 from Vey’s Motorsports.  It has 370 miles on it.  What do you guys think – step up from the DR200, lateral move?  I’m short and I really wanted a low seat height to build confidence. 

I’m determined to get into this hobby.  I remember never being terribly comfortable on my DR200 – especially on the street (I posted about it before).  I intend to do a couple things different this time.  I’m going to take some training (e.g. Motoventures classes) and I’m going to invest in some proper riding gear to give myself a little more confidence.  I’ll be posting some questions along those lines soon.

Steve

Welcome back Steve, Sounds like a good game plan and a solid bike for you. I'd like to take a class at Moto Ventures also one of these days. 

Steve,

Come out my way one day, unload at my house, we will go do dirt roads and try not to hurt you. Theres miles of easy stuff around my place, we could ramp up as needed.