Bagstr

MRP Tire Station

Works Pretty Well -  Gets me off the floor

P10102641000w-L.jpg

P10102651000w-L.jpg

P10102681000w-L.jpg

P10102661000w-L.jpg

P10102671000w-L.jpg

Nice I got the msr one with no bead breaker so much nicer to change a tire standing up. Jealous of the bead breaker would make my rear tire 950 changes so much easier

I got one too but no bead breaker.. Also just got the Baja no pinch tool. Then I went Tubeless. Whats next ?

1 hour ago, kkug said:

I got one too but no bead breaker.. Also just got the Baja no pinch tool. Then I went Tubeless. Whats next ?

All the cool kids are using helium

I've been looking at these for a while, about time to pull the trigger.

Personally, I held off thinking the work deck would be wobbly and tippy. Following the instructions to stand on the feet of the stand, creates a stable work table. If we want to start a torrent of discussion, we can begin to talk about technique.  This guy makes the stand in Pennsylvania.  Mikes Racing Products

I have a HF auto tire changer and have been looking at the motorcycle attachment for that.  I've done several car tires with it, pretty easy and the bead breaker works well for motorcycle tires.   I really don't mind the tire irons on moto wheels, but hate working on the garage floor so getting a stand one way or another is in the plans.

I went from a bucket on the garage floor to the Tusk tire changer...very similar to the MSR changer.  I was pretty quick and efficient with the bucket, but a stand is definitely the way to go.  Less time wrenching, more time riding.   

Not trying to hijack Bags thread but check out the Rabaconda for 3 minute tire change with mousse.  Pretty popular in the enduro world.  Doesn't sit as high as the MRP though.

nice device. looks well built and stable. made in USA! nice.

follow on idea fyi for a more solid base, we are installing a ZipTy DGTT (made in USA)hard mounted to the floor with red heads (anchors), but readily removable. (ZipTy is also designed to plug into a trailer hitch.) 

Its funny because even though I have the DGTT I like using my old school hoop and lever (made in China) that's attached to a pallet (low) so I can get up/over the top as needed (I only use mousses so requirements may vary). I will post up the DGTT thread elsewhere as a public announcement thread. This is the MRP thread.