danrider

JAJA Is In Australia and his multi month trip begins

JAJA has landed in Australia and is in the process for the next four days setting up his DR 650 for his big solo adventure across and around Australia.  I will be posting pictures at least once a week for him because he will have limited access to a internet connection.  We all at SDAR are wishing you a safe adventure and will wait for your pics as they come along with a story or two.  JAJA will be tent camping on the majority of his trip.

P1160065.JPG

P1160057.JPG

P1160054.JPG

P1160051.JPG

He took the time to go over the 2 DR's of the Swiss couple we hosted and borrowed my stock rear shock to make one of his own that would fit - which he took with him. A lot of prep went into this. Look forward to his progress.

Today I got the bike back together and will test ride it tomorrow, Only need to do the NSU, Oil filter and Magnetic drain plug and Packing. Hope to take of on Sunday. Its in the 90th here and like Florida humid. Thanks Dan for posting.

P1160077.JPG

P1160085.JPG

P1160086.JPG

P1160088.JPG

Awesome...can't wait for the RR and more pics...have a GREAT adventure! :thumbsup_anim:

Wow, awesome adventure about to unfold....

Can't wait to hear about this great ride! We're all following you, Udo!

Two areas to check.

The head pipe to mid-pipe connector. Suzuki sometimes puts too long of a bolt in there and it rubs on the shock spring. Bolt is out in the top pic, but just a "heads" up.

The rear mount on that skid plate. Cut the mount bolts flush under the engine. It takes the right hit but C-Daddy and I watched a DR center case get punched and drain the oil.

Two simple things that strand people. Clutch safety switch - follow the wires, disconnect and plug male to female near cowl.  The plug under the tank on the backbone. It can come slightly undone and appear okay - but it's not. 

Have a great time!

2 hours ago, TrophyHunter said:

Two areas to check.

The head pipe to mid-pipe connector. Suzuki sometimes puts too long of a bolt in there and it rubs on the shock spring. Bolt is out in the top pic, but just a "heads" up.

The rear mount on that skid plate. Cut the mount bolts flush under the engine. It takes the right hit but C-Daddy and I watched a DR center case get punched and drain the oil.

Two simple things that strand people. Clutch safety switch - follow the wires, disconnect and plug male to female near cowl.  The plug under the tank on the backbone. It can come slightly undone and appear okay - but it's not. 

Have a great time!

All done

Waht,,  Did I miss the 37 pages of build-up complete with stories of future accomplishments??  Where is the photo shoot of the $$$  spent on the invincible machine that transforms mere men into super heroes? (Just remembered, it is in my postings) 

Good job Udo, just the facts and the Accomplishments.  Best of Luck, take a shower now and then.

Goete where a writer. I am a retiert rider. I will find a MD with intetnet in the next days and send a report. 1200 Km in 4days. Some adjusting on the load every day.

New tire in the rear, got rid of some stuff and will ride tomorrow again. I have one 400Km dirt section to test next week. 50Km dirt with the full load to compare with the less load but additional 10 liter water.

Day 1 (1).JPG

Day 5 (3).JPG

Day 4 (3).JPG

Day 5 (2).JPG

Day 5 (6).JPG

Day 2 (1).JPG

NIce! :D Keep the report & pics coming! That is definitely a "load!" Safe/fun travels! :thumbsup_anim:

Last night I stayed in the” Royal Coorable Golf Club Resort”, I ask for a place in the Old historical building but It is closed for renovation, so I had to stay in the new Building. Did some 100 Km dirt and most time followed the A1 on dirt parallel. The Dirt I like to ride today is cancelled during some “Strong Advice from a wise White man working for the Railway Co. He just came down from Watson to Oldea and it took him 4 hour with winching. So a NO NO for me alone and the Bike loaded as is.

P1160157.JPG

P1160172.JPG

P1160174.JPG

P1160179.JPG

P1160190.JPG

P1160194.JPG

P1160196.JPG

P1160198.JPG

P1160203.JPG

P1160209.JPG

This is fantastic!  Keep sharing with us....

Udo you look it little more settled in your ride now, one month from now you will be traveling with half the load you have now.  I like this picture and you did not post it so I am going to share it.  The water in the background just makes one want to be on vacation. 

Day1_(2).JPG

I alredy down size. But than you need to carry 10- 20 liter water with you.