MotoPolo

Al in El Cajon - Looking for Adventure

Hi 

I'm Al, in El Cajon, handle is MotoPolo (same as AdvRider forum).  Short intro - I'm 68 yrs old - grew up with dirt bikes in S. CA (desert Hare n' Hounds, motocross) - put the dirt bikes away after college and spent a lot of money on street/track toys.  Got the adventure bug about a year ago.  Bought a used plated WR450 and look forward to what I call recreational rallying - not a real race - just a fun ride with nav equipment.  I can't find the bike I really want (a light, twin cylinder dual sport) so I am making my own - stuffing a Yamaha FZ 07 700cc engine into a WR frame - keeps me off the streets.  Looking forward to riding with you all and talking shop.

Cheers, MotoPolo

Rally_Play.jpg

Welcome to the forum.  Interesting project you will have going there.  Be sure to post up some pictures and reports of your progress on it.

6 hours ago, MotoPolo said:

Hi 

I'm Al, in El Cajon, handle is MotoPolo (same as AdvRider forum).  Short intro - I'm 68 yrs old - grew up with dirt bikes in S. CA (desert Hare n' Hounds, motocross) - put the dirt bikes away after college and spent a lot of money on street/track toys.  Got the adventure bug about a year ago.  Bought a used plated WR450 and look forward to what I call recreational rallying - not a real race - just a fun ride with nav equipment.  I can't find the bike I really want (a light, twin cylinder dual sport) so I am making my own - stuffing a Yamaha FZ 07 700cc engine into a WR frame - keeps me off the streets.  Looking forward to riding with you all and talking shop.

Cheers, MotoPolo

Rally_Play.jpg

That is quite a "set-up!"

Checked Out your Build Thread;  A serious project.  Looking forward to watching you work through the engineering.  Welcome to the mix.

Bags

Thanks all for the welcome - I hope to test out the "Rally Play" setup (Rally Blitz instruments) at the Desert Bash - see you all there.

If these work out well we may offer them up as products so appreciate your feedback.  There is also a "Rally Play" thread on AdvRider.

I'll post a few pics of the bike project - I'm just about ready to start cutting up my spare WR frame.

Welcome!

Close by in Rancho SD. I'd be interested to see this come together, also. Look forward to the progress.

Welcome aboard, Al. Lots of good folks here. 

Looking forward to meeting you all at the desert dash - I posted a question under the events and GPS forums specifically about how the desert dash GPS tracks are made available for download and if the roll chart is available as a .pdf file.  Appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

On 1/30/2017 at 1:27 AM, MotoPolo said:

Hi 

Cheers, MotoPolo

Rally_Play.jpg

That looks like controls to a spaceship!