Dan Diego

Double D and The Slut: Ride of Recuperation (This time it's personal)

I woke up with hard nipples.

Sure, it was a brisk morning, but the aforementioned nipples were likely caused by the anticipation of my first ride since having ankle surgery...over 4 months ago. And me without having been on 2 wheels since.

But I'm getting ahead of myself...

The last time I rode was pre-surgery in August. I was joined by some SDAR types and had a great day of all pavement fun (see this RR: 

So I was chatting with Bob about bikes recently and I mentioned that I may get out on a quick ride...just to see how the ankle holds up.  He offered to come along on Sunday so the ride was set. 

Bob has a snazzy new bike (NC700) that has quite a bit of pep.  When I said so at a stop light, he quipped, in BS fashion, "It's the rider, not the bike."  And so it is...

It was to be an easy ride, almost all pavement. We started in Alpine and did some twisty stuff through the neighborhoods.  Then up Pine Creek Road to Sunrise Highway. It was 42 degrees at the bottom of the hill but warmed up to the 60's.  We stopped at the hang glider overlook then headed to Cuyamaca and Engineer's Road. It's nice to see the water is up at the lake, BTW.  

We witnessed a couple walking their horse, dogs and goats (no leashes) along the road. You can do that kind of thing in the unincorporated backcountry areas...

After that it was a blast through Ramona and onto the 67.  We split up near Santee after a nice 3-hour ride.

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

Glad to read you are back on two wheels....

Speaking of nipples, both your ears must've been burning today, as ThumperBob and I went on MY first real ride since surgery and we spoke of you 2 several times. It's awesome to see you were out too!! IMG_2142.JPG

Nice to know that nipples are again in vogue.

It was beautiful up in the hills today. I guess that area always is.

And here's a photo Bob snapped. 

IMG_1121.JPG

58 minutes ago, TdubLady said:

Speaking of nipples, both your ears must've been burning today, as ThumperBob and I went on MY first real ride since surgery and we spoke of you 2 several times. It's awesome to see you were out too!! IMG_2142.JPG

Dan, Miriam and I hit up Jay's in Jacumba and they were closed!!!! I still want ribs!!!! ???

45 minutes ago, ThumperBob said:

Dan, Miriam and I hit up Jay's in Jacumba and they were closed!!!! I still want ribs!!!! ???

But will you finish the entire order? ?

We've gotta get back out there...when they're actually open. 

10 hours ago, Dan Diego said:

But will you finish the entire order? ?

We've gotta get back out there...when they're actually open. 

You bet. When ever you are ready.

More on the nips please danimal

16 hours ago, ThumperBob said:

Stoped their a few weeks back. Yes they are closed Sundays. I wanted something lite so I ordered Chicken Strips. OMG real chicken and i could not eat it all. Like ! 

53 minutes ago, Reximus said:

More on the nips please danimal

I'm trying to keep this PG/family friendly but you're making it awful difficult...

IMG_1129.JPG

"Hook the reader with an interesting first line," said my Comp/Lit prof.  "Be provocative," he said.

Sheesh...I really should stick to riding vs writing.