Sign in to follow this  
MacDuncan

Camacho's is open - fyi

I just called Camacho's in El Centro, as I have heard that they are a great place for a bite from many sources, but I haven't been there.  The woman I spoke to just now shared that she has worked there for decades and they are open, in fact, the restaurant is having a 70th birthday, and they want our business :) .  For the most part, noon to 7:30 pm 5 days a week (tuesday to sat.). They were worried that folks thought they had closed, especially due to the last 2 weeks when their phone was completely disconnected due to an ATT glitch that couldn't get fixed quickly.

The reason I checked is that besides hearing that it is a good destination for a pit stop on a good riding day, I often like the easy commute from town to desert when all I have to do is roll along on Hiway 8, park at the bottom of the hill (ocotillo), and wander across the Yuha basin. Then maybe some gas at seeley and a wander to superstition, and then head west for an exit at painted gorge. It makes a good loop. cheers. 

Great to hear. Camacho's is a great midday stop if your out wandering the Yuha. We've even just ridden the canal road from Superstition for a beer and a taco. Thanks for posting this up.