Posted on a different site Dec 7th.  The Rider was Sweep for a group of 21 motos.  He says they crossed a few gates prior to riding along a defined two-track trail/road when he came across a rancher.  He further stated that he was not on private property but a well used road.  He posted this just as a heads up.

I just want to give everyone a head's up on a dangerous area if you are planning on riding in Mexico. I was held up at gun point and fortunately was only robbed of all of my money by a rancher on Friday 12/2. We were on a big group ride from the Rancho Santa Veronica area to Mike's Sky Ranch when it happened. I included google earth images of the area where it happened and the ranch to avoid. The rancher does not want people riding by or through his property and was about ready to shoot us for it.

Ranch Coordinates:  N 32 13.202 W 116 03.051

https://www.google.com/maps/place/32°13'08.2"N+116°03'11.2"W/@32.2189444,-116.1924974,54130m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d32.218948!4d-116.053119

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 12.57.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 12.57.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 12.57.46 PM.png

Ride smart, be respectful, stay safe

That is full on bull ----, brother.  Sorry you had to deal with that.  People who point loaded guns at others are bound to end up dead.  There are about 8 million other ways to resolve your problems.   Good on you for staying cool calm and collected. Karma is going to be a b**** for that Rancher.

I ran into a guy on the trail who told me this story, but also mentioned it was in area with known drug trafficking activity. Don't know if that's true, or not. 

I don't think it's fair to assume possession of a gun means pointing it. I run into hunters often down there, and they are cool guys. 

I can also see the ranchers getting pissed when a 21 bike convoy rolls through their backyard. Think about your reaction if those same rolled down your street at full throttle. Also, too many douche bags don't close gates, and that's the number one issue these guys have. 

Finally, I'd bet the guy didn't know any Spanish. They may have said give me some money for riding through here (very common practice), but he took it to mean give me all of your money. 

I find the ranchers are fair if you treat them fairly. And speak to them in their native language as we expect them to do when they come here.