tntmo

New Year's weekend in the desert

My son and I have been busy getting our vehicles ready, so it looks like we'll be out at Superstition OHV area probably this Thursday evening through Tuesday next week.  If anyone wants to join us, let me know.  If you're in the area, I'd love to come drink some of your beer and tell lies.  

I'll post up more details on our approximate location soon.  

If we get my wife's quad running we'all be at Wash 80 in OcWells. About 18 miles as the crow flys.

We will probably do a ride or two over to OW/Truckhaven/Salton City area.  I'm not familiar with wash 80 though, which road is it near?

On 12/28/2016 at 6:31 AM, tntmo said:

We will probably do a ride or two over to OW/Truckhaven/Salton City area.  I'm not familiar with wash 80 though, which road is it near?

Aka Payne rd. 

Got the carbs on her Raptor working well. Will be there Saturday. 

IMG_3377.JPG

I'll be at Agua Caliente with the Airheads for their annual New Year's Campout....I'll try to ride down to come see you.

You can't miss our rig....pic from Death Valley.

20161106_124730.jpg

I'll be there tomorrow morning, about 1/4 mile north of poleline and 1/4 mile east of Wheeler

017_zps6nh9rra9.jpg

I'm the cabover and red jeep with A KTM 350

We have a usual spot, but it's on the dry lake bed and if it rains it may turn into a wet lake bed so we're looking at alternate locations.   Just got three Christmas trees for the bonfire!

I'm bouncing around the dunes. 

Buttercup Friday. 

Glamis Saturday 

Gordons Well Sunday. 

Monday???

IMG_0636.JPG

44 minutes ago, tntmo said:

We have a usual spot, but it's on the dry lake bed and if it rains it may turn into a wet lake bed so we're looking at alternate locations.   Just got three Christmas trees for the bonfire!

What mile marker?

Our usual spot is mile marker 3.5 on the west side, about 1/4 mile off Wheeler Road at the edge of the dry lake bed.  I just got a report that it seems dry out there so our current plan is to see what it looks like.  

Little rain  right now.  We went to just past mile marker 3.5 on the east side of Wheeler, just across pole line road.  No dust! 

Hoping for pics for those of us who ain't gonna make it out :(  

Have fun and be safe; Happy New Year!

We had a good time, stayed until yesterday afternoon.  Rain came in about 2100 on NYE, we threw the Christmas trees in the fire pit as soon as it started sprinkling and then the lightning/thunder/downpour happened.  Traction was great, little to no dust.  My son brought his VW Baja Bug out and we made it over to OW and Salton City on 1/1, then on 1/2 we rode over to Ocotillo/Painted Gorge....otherwise just did small loops in the area.  I'll try to put up some pics later.

I was in OW near county line rd tues thru fri. Rode out to shell reef, pumpkin patch, and various areas having a great time. That is until Thursday night, over a ridge and the rain had washed out the other side coming down. Short free fall followed by a nice flip over the bars. Dont worry Tom.... the bike is running fine! Although I type this with one hand as the other is in a cast. Picked the bike up off the sand and rode to the iron door for a cold one and a bag of ice. Headed home following morning before the downpour

Glad to hear the bike is running well, sorry about the injury. Heal up!  

Please put your photos and ride report in the Ride Reports Section....this is no longer an upcoming ride.....thanks !