Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

VCMC Gorman 2 Day ISDE Qualifier 28-29JAN2017

From AMA Race Rep. Erek Kudla

Along with Medals and Pins riders who participate will get these great commemorative numbers to stick to their bike taking on the event with them. Getting torn up, stained by bushes and pitted by rocks just like you! Peel it off and stick it to your wall to always remember the event! Yellow for LOI Riders. Red/White/Blue for Championship Riders.

VCMC Numbers.jpg

If you go on youtube there are many 2012 Gorman Qualifier videos. the tests are all beginner doable. These races are fun because its just you against the clock and terrain. A glorified trail ride.

with all of our rain....this should be more fun. I kinda swore off Gorman....but with low dust , It can be fun.

Still planning on being there Sunday, depending on how Saturday goes.

I hope so Matt. the presign up numbers are low....all the work to put this thing on... I hope those minutes fill up for the sake of VCMC and the west qualifier series. Be sure to wear your TM jacket !!!

Send me your  camp coordinates and maybe I'll be able  to find you Saturday evening.

final prep last night. all good. ready to roll.

still promoting signing up for this one and support this effort from VCMC and the AMA race manager, its a great opportunity to get the feel of a 2 day world enduro gp, or 2 days of the ISDE. race rules are very similar. There is the option of doing only 1 day as well.

My goal is to podium in the 50+ Open/A class.

So far there were only 7, 50A preentries with one former Pro/ISDE vet and some other names I recognize from other events. So a top 10 in class is doable.....hahaa

10 hours ago, isde97 said:

Send me your  camp coordinates and maybe I'll be able  to find you Saturday evening.

Studio 6 Motel Gorman Lebec  1 exit up from the impound lot/race place.

decided to do what I did last time I did this event in 2012, stay at the motel.

6 hours ago, robertaccio said:

Studio 6 Motel Gorman Lebec  1 exit up from the impound lot/race place.

decided to do what I did last time I did this event in 2012, stay at the motel.

I like your style. King size bed and hot shower and a hot tub. And a good steak house  

Next door to the Asian Massage Parlor is a bonus  

Priceles  

I'll be up there tomorrow as well.  I may only be able to race one day but trying to shun my responsibilities for Sunday as well.  Wish me luck!

Day 2 Test 2 (Mark Kariya Photo)

6th on Day 1,  4th on Day 2 still want to check combined against my 2 day classmates (50A)

4th in class both days combined, mid pack OK,  there were 8, 2 day riders in the old guy class

Loads of fun, nothing difficult, mostly open quad wide tracks, with some wider, MX track sections, and some single track.

isde qualifier 29jan2017.jpg

thanks but heck it was a midpack score. and anyone of you would have finished, it was more about speed  than any technicality. which really is a lot of what world enduro is anymore.

Yeah.Not your specialty I know. We ride tight stuff and I know you're fast out there, but it takes a different skill to ride fast on a quad trail vs. single track trail. Like that last trip to the moto track, we both remarked about feeling slow on track but hit some of the perimeter ST and were hauling ass and leaving the others behind.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, PastaPilot said:

Yeah.Not your specialty I know. We ride tight stuff and I know you're fast out there, but it takes a different skill to ride fast on a quad trail vs. single track trail. Like that last trip to the moto track, we both remarked about feeling slow on track but hit some of the perimeter ST and were hauling ass and leaving the others behind.

For sure and I did note the D37 dez fast guys kicked it hard with great test times..... also note that the almighty world class technical skill set of Cody Webb on his 300XC-W practice E cross bike with only clicker adjustments got him a 2nd OA behind perennial fast everywhere guy Nick657 YZ450FX, and our local fast/nice guy Justin M still getting used to his new ride CRF450RX rounded the OA podium in a surprising to him 3rd, he was really stoked and exceeded his expectations big time!!

Here this is a good one, Nico Schoen (fast German kid) , myself and Cody  visited with Cody who is Cody's tech/mech and checked out the bike up close........I would say that the Cody Webb bike was the most "factory" machine there, it was an immaculately prepped and detailed "works" KTM300XC-W with every top tier factory bit on it. So there you have it 3 Cody's, 1 Nico and 1 Robert in 1 KTM factory offroad pit.

PS if you go onto Mark Kariya's FB page he uploaded mega photos if you want to see.

Also note besides the KTM/Husky masses the bLU cRU is massing big time, lots of YZ , YZF and YZFX s around now, Yamaha is fully back into the mainstream offroad market, the most for the Japanese brands.