Sign in to follow this  
Reximus

Learner bike for short woman

On 12/20/2016 at 3:08 PM, Reximus said:

I will take to Craigslist and settle this, depending on the bike I get I may also get a new GF

Look forward to the update on this. Wish someone would court me with motorcycle gifts. It would take a 300 xc-w, in case youre considering trying this with me. 

1 hour ago, meatmord said:

Look forward to the update on this. Wish someone would court me with motorcycle gifts. It would take a 300 xc-w, in case youre considering trying this with me. 

Im more of a built for comfort vs speed type of guy. EXC530 or 650R ish. You know, the small lightweight pretty ones are hot and fussy and temperamental. The big low compression clunky ones tend to be a bit greasy but a little bit lower maintenance. See the parallels here?

23 hours ago, Reximus said:

Im more of a built for comfort vs speed type of guy. EXC530 or 650R ish. You know, the small lightweight pretty ones are hot and fussy and temperamental. The big low compression clunky ones tend to be a bit greasy but a little bit lower maintenance. See the parallels here?

You talking about your GF or dirt bikes... :heh:

15 minutes ago, Oracle said:

You talking about your GF or dirt bikes... :heh:

She may be unicorn status. Its too early to tell. 

If you wanna go high end the Beta X-Trainer is insanely good/light simple/stylish and has so much easy delivery power like a trials bike. I rode 2 this week , very impressive top tier machine. Without putting anyone out I would say that 85% of full size race bike trail riders would do better on the Beta . less tiring, great handling, +size,+simplicity 2 stroke, + oil injected nomixing, + e start, + weight , suspension is engineered for sort of lite trail riding rocky trials stuff great, whoops not too good, like a trials bike, flowing trails single track they get full on with the program. I really dont think this is a bike to out grow if you are a trail rider, a keeper for sure.

3 hours ago, robertaccio said:

If you wanna go high end the Beta X-Trainer is insanely good/light simple/stylish and has so much easy delivery power like a trials bike. I rode 2 this week , very impressive top tier machine. Without putting anyone out I would say that 85% of full size race bike trail riders would do better on the Beta . less tiring, great handling, +size,+simplicity 2 stroke, + oil injected nomixing, + e start, + weight , suspension is engineered for sort of lite trail riding rocky trials stuff great, whoops not too good, like a trials bike, flowing trails single track they get full on with the program. I really dont think this is a bike to out grow if you are a trail rider, a keeper for sure.

GFs tend to be expensive. Looking for low budget learner bike that can take repeated thrashings, and from what the other guys say, a nice easy button on the bar. 

TTR series are great learner bikes. L versions with E start too.