Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

Polaris - RIDECOMMAND

I tried to register the club and see if we could use this app,  I know it relies on cellphone, but for free it may be of some interest to some.

Free download. My regular crew please download, lets try it and see if its simple enough even for us.

Looks like a killer app to find trails, though I doubt all are listed. 

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

Looks like a killer app to find trails, though I doubt all are listed. 

I know it will keep track of all of the people in the group, if they have the app. It will show existing trails if they are in the app. I do not know if it will create a trail as people are riding them.

So our club SDAR has been approved by Polaris.  If there are any businesses that we frequent that you feel would want to be advertised on the Polaris Ridecommand app, please let me know. 

57 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

So our club SDAR has been approved by Polaris.  If there are any businesses that we frequent that you feel would want to be advertised on the Polaris Ridecommand app, please let me know. 

Like Cheetahs 

On 12/15/2016 at 3:06 PM, Ken S said:

Like Cheetahs 

I dont think Cheetahs is going to work. Anything moto related or frequented while we are out on a ride like a restaurant. They can go through SDAR and pay to be added to Ridecommand as an advertisement for a small fee. Please have them contact me. Thank you

Finally got around to downloading this app.  You're allowed to download 3 maps for use offline.  I downloaded CA., AZ., & Mexico.  Surprised by detail on maps.  Looking forward to meeting up with others/creating a small group/using in realtime in RZR.

Does this track the riders within a group via GPS signal or data? 

If GPS in offline mode, this app has some great practical applications

12 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

Does this track the riders within a group via GPS signal or data? 

If GPS in offline mode, this app has some great practical applications

Individual navigation is via GPS (online or off) but it appears groups are linked using cell #'s so it must be data.......right?

Not really practical for a bike on the fly but easy for a passenger in a RZR/Jeep to monitor......

I've been using the app with friends in Ocotillo and dunes lately, and can report some feedback.

Works really well as a planning tool, tracking rides (distance) and navigating back to home. Unfortunately, most of the places we all go, data coverage is sparse so the rider to rider tracking leaves something to be desired. However, you can't beat the price and functionality!

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

I've been using the app with friends in Ocotillo and dunes lately, and can report some feedback.

Works really well as a planning tool, tracking rides (distance) and navigating back to home. Unfortunately, most of the places we all go, data coverage is sparse so the rider to rider tracking leaves something to be desired. However, you can't beat the price and functionality!

similar experience here