If you guys are heading south and up in altitude as it is as you head south be prepared for cold weather and even snow. example Tecate HS 2012 Neji valley was mild and overcast up the escarpment towards El Compadre ranch part of the course was a full on snowstorm, cold. it did make for an epic race that second lap (25 miles) was a challenge but so nice with snow and ice thrown in. Mentioned because it can be downright hazardous if not prepared.

The riding on Saturday was epic. It was cold, and there was a light dusting of snow at the higher elevations. But the traction, oh the traction. 

I am likely gonna go this Saturday, too, as it's supposed to rain again this week. 

I didn't realize Saturday is Christmas Eve, so won't be going. My wife would kill me. 

Merry Christmas, everyone. 

I can go Friday. She just gave me permission if I promise not to break any bones. Any one want to join me?

I'm game to go Friday. Where are you planning on riding? Approximate miles? 

Looks like we'll get rain Thursday so should be awesome!

Just down to the sawmill. Park in Tecate and ride across. About 170 miles round trip. 

Be good to cross the border around 8am to back well before dark. 

Sounds like a plan! Let's keep an eye on the weather but as long as it's not raining on us I'm good to go! 

New guy to the forum from Norcal.  I'm planning a trip to San Diego area, arriving Dec. 26-27.....Anza Borrego for a couple of days, and would like to ride a few days in Baja.  Day trips or an overnight or two.  Riding a 350 EXC-F, intermediate skill, old guy.  I'll check in again as the time gets closer.

Welcome, Wolffman. I am taking some customers down to Mike's on the 27-28th, but I will doing another ride later in the week...maybe the 30-31st, but back in time for New Years Eve festivities. Keep checking the site!

Hey guys, tomorrow looks freezing cold down in Baja, possibly very muddy, and possibly still raining. I don't know what area forecasts to look at specifically, but I'm just basing that off of our experience up here and the Tecate, MX forecast. 

Jay, I sent you a text. Thoughts? 

Just now, Bluhdow said:

Hey guys, tomorrow looks freezing cold down in Baja, possibly very muddy, and possibly still raining. I don't know what area forecasts to look at specifically, but I'm just basing that off of our experience up here and the Tecate, MX forecast. 

Jay, I sent you a text. Thoughts? 

Sounds like a blast im jealous i cant make it

Hahaha, of course. I had to scratch. I'm super keen to get down there but I can wait a week or two for slightly warmer conditions. I'm still traumatized from the freezing cold LA-B-2-V morning riding!

We have tentative plans to head down to Mikes the 31st and then back on the 2nd.  It would be cool to have a group.  A KTM 450 and a couple of XR's

I would love to get in on a Baja trip in the near future. Can't do the 31st, and also have the D38 race on the 8th and WORCS in Primm on the 27-29 so thats out for me as well.

Well let's keep this thread alive! I still want to get in on a day trip when it's a little warmer and probably a bit less muddy. Next couple weeks are easily doable. Keep us posted Jay!

I just got back last night from Baja.  We crossed at Tecate Saturday morning and headed for Ojos Negros, then to San Vicente.  It was a pretty brutal ride, cold temps with driving rain and prob 100 yard visibility most of the way.  By the time we reached San Vicente, we were beat and very wet and muddy.  Another downpour Saturday night made the all the dirt roads pretty muddy and slippery.  We decided to slab it on the highway back up to Tecate last night and come back home.  Riding along the coast was very cool but pretty rough.  I shall return!

I am working on a video and will post a ride report, but rode in snow off and on (mostly on) for 50 miles on the 27th. Sucked!

If it dries out this week, the weekend should be great. I did order some Gore Tex boot liners as it looks like we're gonna have a wet winter. 

Glad you made it back in one piece. 

I am going tomorrow for sure. I need to stage at RSV because the pavement is brutal on mousses, but if anyone wants to come can figure that out. I plan to be at the border at 8:00am. 

RSV to the Sawmill, where they hopefully have gas, and then back. From RSV it's about 130 miles round trip.