Looking to do a day trip down south in the next couple of weeks. I've only been a couple of times so don't know the area too well...would ideally like to tag along with someone more experienced. Open to routes/destinations. Weekdays are ideal, but I can do a weekend if that's all that works. 

In the past I've done Puerto Nuevo which was a nice day trip. Been as far south as Coyote Cal's but that's more than I'd like to take on this time around. 

DR-Z400, intermediate skill. 

Grazie!

I'm down for a Santa Veronica - Tecate trip. 

Weekends only for me. 

This weekend is District 38 race, then I'm open for the next month. 

I am interested in a weekday trip. Not really familiar with the routes.

Kenny, I'd be game for a Saturday trek if you know the route. Let me know a Saturday that works for you and I'll pencil you in! 

Carguy, weekdays are even better for me, but I don't know my way around well enough for just the two of us. If we can tie in someone who knows the way we can make it happen for sure!

2 hours ago, Bluhdow said:

Carguy, weekdays are even better for me, but I don't know my way around well enough for just the two of us. If we can tie in someone who knows the way we can make it happen for sure!

We could just go for it

I would really like to go. We can just plot a route on Google Maps and save it on the phone if there is no one that knows the route.

I prefer to drive to Santa Veronica  About 20 minutes from the border. 

Theres lots of single and double track riding all around there and lunch at the hotel. 

You can ride your 2 stroke that way. 

I just had some tracks sent my way. I'll take a look when I get a chance and see if it's a viable option for the group.

And Kenny, that sounds awesome! I'm game for that one weekend. Let me know when you're itching to get down there and we'll make it happen. 

I'm so overdue...I just don't have any days off this month. GO Go GO and a plan will come to you!

I've got some tracks here for what appears to be a good day loop. They are a Google Earth file. Anyone have the knowledge and hardware to make use of them? 

Kenny, as far as Saturdays go I'm pretty slammed through the end of the year. Sundays are typically devoted to football and my lady. No chance you've got a couple weekdays here during the holiday season? 

I'm self employed and my business doesn't allow me many days off. 

Self employed ....?

So you don't have too report to your Dad's house at 8am every morning anymore?

cool.

Dads retired bro. Hasn't left the house in months. He's not doing well. 

I would like to join in on A day trip. I can get arrange A weekday off with advance notice. I have zero experience with Baja on A bike.

Intermediate skill level.

I would highly recommend parking on the US side in Tecate and riding across (if you're not plated, just walk the bike to the border - it's 1/4 mile from the parking lot). 

#1 don't have to wait in line on the return trip (like in the US, bikes split lanes and ride straight to the front)

#2 you don't need additional Baja insurance on your truck

For a 4 stroke it's a no brainer imho and I've seen plenty of guys in 2 strokes do this too.  Depending on route once you cross, there is a small hwy transit to the dirt.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Baja Goofy Knows^^^^^^^^^^^

I can't wait until I get to go down again...

2 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

I would highly recommend parking on the US side in Tecate and riding across (if you're not plated, just walk the bike to the border - it's 1/4 mile from the parking lot). 

Most definitely. That's how I've done it in the past. Works beautifully. 

I'm good either way, just have to put my big tank on.

Pick a Saturday.

I am going this Saturday, Tecate to the Sawmill, if anyone wants to join me. I'll be parking on the US side and riding my 300 xc through the border. No one gives me a second look. 

Damn! I'm already booked up this Saturday otherwise I'd join you jawhitmoyer. Let me know if you're going again anytime soon!

Kenny, some possible options (which I haven't confirmed with my lady) could be: 

- 12/31 (as long as we're home in time for me to clean up and make it to an NYE party)

- 1/7

- 1/21

I have races on the 8th and 28th so those weekends are out for me.