TdubLady

Cancer Update

Had surgery today. Lump gone. One lymph node from armpit removed and sent for test. Wait now  7-10 for results to reveal stage. 

Sore, groggy. Suffered worse though so I'll be alright. 

Can't express enough my appreciation for all your support and inspiration. Will update what I know when I know it. 

You got this! My pop went thru throat cancer twice and then prostate cancer. Tough old man.  Its a long hard road but you will defeat this! Best wishes to you!

Glad surgery went well. Keep up that spirit of yours, you'll be good to go in no time. 

IMG_3520.JPG

move forward and fight. my wife has and is remaining on the win side.

Good luck and stay positive !

Best wishes for your full recovery.

Good luck with your fight and "Recovery". See you out in the woods.

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in April.  Had surgery in May, sounds similar to yours.  Cancer had spread to her first node (with extravation).  She has had two rounds of chemo.  The first was tough (AC) but doable.  The second (Taxol) was, comparatively, a walk in the park.  She finished that on November 9th.  She started 5 1/2 weeks of radiation last Tuesday, so far so good.  She should be done with radiation right after the first of the year.  Hopefully, if all goes to plan, she'll have reconstruction next summer.

It has been tough but manageable.  She has developed a group of friends who are also going through treatment which has been a big help on the emotional side (since I'm pretty much a neanderthal).  If you're curious about her path, you can check out her blog here:  https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tyebarber  (You do have to register but it's no big deal or $)

Please feel free to PM me if you have want to chat or want to speak with Tye!

Best wishes for you!

My Mom twice :angry:. Just got off the phone with her, we get together on Thursdays :)

Hang in there and don't loose your smile. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you. My sister recently has gone through this and she prefers to keep her journey more private, message or call me if you want. HUGS! 

Latest update: Radiation mock up today. I'm trying to enjoy being topless this much; you'd think I'd be loving all this titty attention...
Got stickers and marks to line up on the machine. Laid topless with my arms over my head while they lined things up. Had to take deep breaths and practice holding my breath. This is because the treatment area is my left side, over my heart, so this creates a buffer area for protection. 3 of the marks the put on me were tattooed on me. They're small dots-not anything cool at all.
I go back Friday the 13th(irony not lost) for a dry run, then official sessions begin the next week. 20 of them, so I'll be totally done mid-February.
Gonna forget all about it for now and get ready for New Year's celebrations in Glamis.

I'd love to do a weather permitting Noob ride January 7 or 8 if anyone will be available to lead?
Thank you all again for all the support and positive vibes.

Have a great time in Glamis. 

PS You should've had the techs wear motorcycle helmets while you were doing all that flashing!