Zubb

'04 1150 GS air filter

Anyone have a K&N air filter for a GS sitting on a shelf they would sell me? Used would be ok as they are lifetime filters. 

I'm heading out for a weekender in Baja and can't seem to find one locally without special ordering. 

Hell id even go for a paper one if I could find it. I'm in La Mesa. 619-792-4368. 

I know K&N's are a love/hate thing so there might be a few folks in here that have retired theirs in favor of paper. 

Cheers!

are we starting another air filter discussion? ...brace yourselves...

K&n lets a lot of micro contaminants into your motor .

Uni is a step better for filtering out airborne dust. 

Factory filter normally best.

Cant you just throw some Rotella on your old one and call it good?

11 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

Cant you just throw some Rotella on your old one and call it good?

Rotella on your air filter will cause your fuel injection to slip, you need to use an oil without friction modifiers.  Also, this is for a BMW so it needs to be something that costs at least $25 per quart. 

Just need it to keep gravel out of the intake. Anything smaller is called roughage and is proven to be good in ones diet. Keeps ya regular. 

Thank you Bob. I ended up doing just that. Found it in front of my garage door this morning. 

I'll  let everyone know as soon as the engine blows up. 8-). Maybe we can do a rebuild night. 

13 hours ago, Zubb said:

Thank you Bob. I ended up doing just that. Found it in front of my garage door this morning. 

I'll  let everyone know as soon as the engine blows up. 8-). Maybe we can do a rebuild night. 

Sweet! Lot's of K&N haters out there. If the engine blows up I doubt it will be from the air filter. It's a BMW after all. Don't they all blow up eventually? :lol:

3 hours ago, Monte de San Diego said:

Hey Zubb,

Where in Baja are you going this weekend?

I was heading for an overnight loop overnighting in San Quentin with a fellow GS'er. 

Instead, I got up yesterday morning to an SOS from family in NE Washington (Palouse). Bought a flight while wifey packed my suitcase. Called my fellow rider on the way to the airport with good news, I had his 2,000 pesos. Bad news I gotta try to see mom one last time. 

Brian was awesome. He's been planning this trip for weeks. I owe him one for sure.