Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Mountain Springs and beyond

My week is filling up fast. I haven't been out to In Ko Pah in a while. How about a ride down the old Mountain Springs Grade. This was one of the routes from the low desert to the high desert wagons took before the new fangled roads were installed. If we are lucky we may see some wildlife on the route. Meet at the large parking area by the gas stations Jacumba Exit I-8. License plates required. Intermediate skill helps but novice with a desire to learn is good. Some sand rocks etc, maybe some freeway who knows. Small bike is a better choice, big bike experienced is doable but difficult. 

Sunday meet 7am ride by 730. Food gas across the street. 2-4 hours. Many routes from there. Slow to moderate pace. Maybe some new exploring along the route.

Do you want to ride???:ph34r:

I thought I was going solo. I don't mind the big bike. There are some rock steps but you can make it.

Dave heated grips in the morning would be nice, I might bring the 950, just got it fixed.

On 11/29/2016 at 5:19 PM, carguy said:

My week is filling up fast. I haven't been out to In Ko Pah in a while. How about a ride down the old Mountain Springs Grade. This was one of the routes from the low desert to the high desert wagons took before the new fangled roads were installed. If we are lucky we may see some wildlife on the route. Meet at the large parking area by the gas stations Jacumba Exit I-8. License plates required. Intermediate skill helps but novice with a desire to learn is good. Some sand rocks etc, maybe some freeway who knows. Small bike is a better choice, big bike experienced is doable but difficult. 

Sunday meet 7am ride by 730. Food gas across the street. 2-4 hours. Many routes from there. Slow to moderate pace. Maybe some new exploring along the route.

Do you want to ride???:ph34r:

HI was planning on going there on Sunday. But my kickstand broke the night before. Then I realized the difficulties I would run into of not being able to get off my bike for hours. Sign me up for the next ride. I am definately going.