Ken S

Great weekend with good friends

Rode Superstion Friday with Getsmacked- Anthony. We avoided the crowds riding the dunes early before the rookies woke up. Then did a few big loops - Dip, mud hills, Plaster city. San Felipe wash. Finished the day watching the crowds at Sand Dam and seeing the Jeep we watched burn last Saturday hauled off by a snowcat/tow truck. 

Saturday Corral with Jim who I've know since elementary school.  Rode 4 hours of trails and outer loop. Cool temps and lots of smiles out of Jim who hadn't ridden in about a year. 

Sunday went on a dune trip with Texas Dualler - Devon. 

We started at Patton Valley. Our first time there. No crowds. Very steep. Had a hard time getting a good flow going in very deep course sand. Definitely not beginner dunes. Burned a tank of fuel then went to Gordon's Well. 

Gordons was a blast. A bit windy but no tracks in the sand, fun flowing bowls. Lots of fun. 

Untill I smoked my clutch. 

I was very lucky to nurse it back to the truck thru 5 or 6 miles of sand. 

Glad the navy gave you a day off to play Devon 

No big crashes or injuries or drama all weekend. 

Life is good. 

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

Looks like a good trip. I was over at Glamis (end of Gecko Road), and as long as you weren't on sand highway it wasn't too bad.

Superstition was as busy as I've seen it since before the economy tanked.  Sand Dam was like a redneck festival.  We rode out to Painted Gorge, lot less traffic if you stayed away from the mountain.  No injuries, no mechanical issues, one dented rim without a flat.  Fun weekend, wish we could have all hooked up for a ride but didn't get there until afternoon on Friday.

Had a blast. Glad I was able to get my dune fix for the year and ride some place I've never been before. Sorry there weren't any kart wheels this time around

11 hours ago, crfxer said:

Nice pics!  Good times.  Whats up with the clutch??

Recluse - paddle tire - Deep Sand - no bueno