Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Maintenance for Yamaha Super Tenere & Baja Info

There is a couple traveling south to Baja on a Super Tenere who need service done. Not sure what exactly yet so looking for a recommendation for a shop or independent mechanic. If it's simple stuff, we may be able to do it at the house. Dunno yet.

Also - any current Baja info would be helpful. Maybe another meetup at Casa de Trophy to provide that...?

I'm unsure if we're able to host them for a few days yet (tent space) as they'll be here at the end of the month (no firm dates).

Thx for any input.

I ride a Super Tenere and there are so few out there and they're so low-maintenance that it's hard to find a mechanic who has ever worked on one before, including at the Yamaha dealers in town. Most owners are older and experienced and do most of the wrenching themselves. Fun Bike Center can handle routine stuff, but it can be tough getting in there on short notice.

I have a service manual, although right now it's at George's shop (Suspension 101). If that would help let me know. I'd be happy to loan it.

I also ride a Tenere. Just got it a few months ago.

I talked to a mech at National City Motorcycles on the phone and he said that several of his customers have one and they are familiar with the bike.

It's true what arjayes said, they are very low maintenance. The first valve check is not until 26,600 miles!