Sign in to follow this  
Monte de San Diego

La Ventana (La Paz B.C.S) to San Diego

I'm looking for three or four big bikes  (To me big bike means a GS or similar, something that struggles in deep sand, is difficult to stand back up if on it's side and is comfortable at 80mph or more on the hwy; and three or four means fewer than five). Recently hatched a plan designed around my upcoming 'christmas break' from school. Ride would begin December 10 in La Ventana and we would cross the border coming home at Tecate no later than the 18th.  Compared with three or four days down and returning this seemed like the best way to see the most, and one of the things I like about adventure travel is the sight seeing.  Friends of mine live in a secure house (walled in property) in La Ventana Baja near La Paz and another riding partner of mine has agreed to haul the bikes down delivering them to La Ventana on a trailer pulled behind his truck. I have hired him to make this same trip in the past towing boats and I trust him completely. Price for the delivery service TBD and shared equally. We will send bikes and gear down with him, he arrives no later than Dec. 9th. We fly Tijuana to La Paz, approximately $100US one way on Volaris, where my friends will pick us up at the airport and take us to their home and our bikes where we spend the first night and get ready. Off early the next morning. The ride will be a mix of off road and hwy, camping and hotels. Many sections of this trip I have done previously while camping on my F650GS, but the route is open for discussion. It's short notice I know but this can all be arranged pretty quickly.

If you would like to discuss but type like me feel free to call 619-319-0136.

Feliz Navidad

That sounds like a great chance for someone that is looking for low cost turn key trip to see the length of Baja!  Thanks for offering!

DD