Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Champ

Goldentyres

I was at Veys today, They have a rack full off Goldens, seemed like pretty good prices too.

Anybody use the Golden rears ? I love my fattie front but have not tried the rears.

Well,  I missed that by 6 hrs.  Just ordered a AA Fatty from Slavens for $110 incl. shipping. 

:huh:

1 hour ago, Uncle Champ said:

I was at Veys today, They have a rack full off Goldens, seemed like pretty good prices too.

Anybody use the Golden rears ? I love my fattie front but have not tried the rears.

El cajon or lemon grove

Hum....might have to finally give these a try.

I really like the looks of the one on BP's 300. And he vouches for it so it must be worth the money.

I use regular fatty 216aa ken s has good luck with 216aa fatty dst (desertone) for better longevity.

my NHHA/ King of motos friend swears by that GT230 rear (fattest one), as for me I am a swear I will never again use anything but the GT216AA  90/100-21 front GOP3176 catalog number.   Ive  never used a GT brand rear, but if I do it will most likely be a GT216 FIM 140/80-18 enduro tire....the one that Jarvis and Walker use but in normal compound not a gummy

http://goldentyrewest.com/product-category/enduro-offroad/

14 minutes ago, Uncle Champ said:

El Cajon

Nice thanks and fyi guys contributing members get discount at veys

1) Goldentyre GT230 Soft Terrain Rear Tire
Rear tyre suitable for a wide range of terrains. It is particularly indicated for semi-soft, muddy or sandy terrain. This rear tyre design offers excellent traction or relatively loose terrain and facilitate the discharge of mud.  (Normally harder compound rubber, my comment)
For 120/100-18 We recommend using Goldentyre mousse part number MOU1001 size 140/80-18 = Michelin M14 mousse

2) Goldentyre GT232 Intermediate Terrain Rear Tire
Rear tyre particularly suitable for mid to soft terrain. Promise also excellent performance both in sandy/muddy conditions as well as on harder terrain applications. Tread patterns guarantee excellent traction and self-cleaning during starts, straight-away and cornering, including sharp turns. This particular compound guarantees performance and an uniform wear even in critical conditions such as racing on hard-packed or harsh terrain. (Normally medium level harder type compound rubber)

I can tell you that their flat track tire designed in conjunction with Chris Carr and now marketed by Cheng Shin sucks really bad. Guys are giving them away after one ride - me included.

Afry,

Soo, Chris Carr Was relevant 10-15 years ago?  Cheng Shin :unsure:

Flat Track relates to Dualsport in what degree??

Just bought another 216aa Desert. Have a softy on the bike now. (They're sold out on the soft). 

Ive run both and don't notice much difference in traction. I run the soft at 15 psi and the harder compound (desert) at 12. 

Only difference between the 2 in my opinion is I get about 10-15 more rides out of the desert tire before the side knobs chunk. . 

If I was riding rocks only Id stay with the softy. 

For dual sport or desert only Id go with the deserttone. 

Im so all over the place - Desert, Lark, Corral, Baja. I prefer the tire that last a bit longer. 

BTW. I'm on approx my 10th Golden tire and don't plan on switching to anything else. 

Btw. What rear tire are you riding Robert.

I like the miles per dollar of the Maxxis Dessert IT. Decent traction, long life. At81RC real good for 5 or 6 rides, then not so much.

Now lets start an oil thread.

South bay has Yamalube semi synthetic in generic plastic jugs for approx. $30 out the door.

I didn't mean to start another tire thread , by the way if you go to Veys ask for Mike in parts, I had a not so great experience with the other fellow.

As a side note I bought the Oakley airbrake goggle with the Jade lens from Mike the other day, sweet optics.

12 hours ago, Ken S said:

I like the miles per dollar of the Maxxis Dessert IT. Decent traction, long life. At81RC real good for 5 or 6 rides, then not so much.

South bay has Yamalube semi synthetic in generic plastic jugs for approx. $30 out the door.

Im the freak that runs FIM 140/80-18s  lately which ever is the cheapest, Maxxis EN lately, but I like the Pirelli Scorpion Pro FIM better...

I have a 216AA GOP3176 on standby and Maxxis EN along with M16 and M14 mousses for the Tecate Enduro...but

note I have a private label cheap but good Hi Point tire int terrain full knob that Im just wearing down to nothing

https://www.facebook.com/HiPointTiresPV37/

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:38 AM, Uncle Champ said:

I didn't mean to start another tire thread , by the way if you go to Veys ask for Mike in parts, I had a not so great experience with the other fellow.

As a side note I bought the Oakley airbrake goggle with the Jade lens from Mike the other day, sweet optics.

So it sounds like you like the airbrake goggle .. I am looking at getting a pair.

FYI

GT216AA 90/100-21 HB is a 2 ply tire and the most popular version
GT216AA 90/100-21 DST is a 4 ply tire and best for Baja/rally type stuff

Went looking for STI Extreme Duty tube over to Vey's El Cajon and checked out the Golden 216AA stock.  What they have are the Desertone  DST.

GT216AA DST Desertone (big desert) 4 ply tire.

As noted in an email by ZipTy's, Ty D, better suited for the big bikes doing long range  higher speed, Baja ca, vegas to reno type stuff 690s, 500s 498s, 450 dez set ups etc.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:12 PM, Ken S said:

What size Desert IT do you use ?

Whatever is on the shelf and on sale.

The back tire follows the front. Picky about the front. Most miles for the buck on the rear.

that's what happens you source manufacturing to China..........simple clone, no scruples, probably molded in the same facility!!

I am in for a try at that price, I owe no allegiance to GT for 100 bucks a pop I'll for sure jump onto the shitco bandwagon for @80 bucks delivered ......

I have one on order 90/100-21 fatty MX216 Shitco

Just now, robertaccio said:

that's what happens you source manufacturing to China..........simple clone, no scruples, probably molded in the same facility!!

I am in for a try at that price, I owe no allegiance to GT for 100 bucks a pop I'll for sure jump onto the shitco bandwagon for @80 bucks delivered ......

I have one on order 90/100-21 fatty MX216 Shitco

Nice yeah definitely worth it for $80. I got 2 brand new 216aa fatty dst in attic so will be awhile