Reximus

The day Kenny changed my life forever.

Today I went for a ride with Ken s. We went near the Tecate border, paid our $5 and park ourir trucks. The friendly lot attendant proceeded to suggest that Ken ha d clipped another vehicle with his bumper- but we all know that it was his wife's fault!

So we fuel up, hop on the bikes and head to the West. We hit some fun border patrol ATV track that's kind of like a toboggan ride. I'm sliding all over the place and deflecting my front tire like Hillary deflects questions about the emails. I can't understand why my tire won't grab, grab As Good As Trump grabs the Cha-Cha. I have ridden with Kenny before. I know he can haul ass. But I looked behind me and he's gone. About a minute prior I heard his bike hit the rev limiter in a loud noise but I didn't look back I just kept going. So I turn around and find Kenny in a ditch it turns out that my Panic braking cause him to crash. His elbow is bleeding everywhere but he shrugs it off like a true trooper and we continue to ride.

We hit the summit of Tecate Peak and enjoy the wonderful views. The fall weather was amazing  nice and cool .  I also took a second look for the mythical Otay-tecate route that dan diego and i searched for last year. Well, it appears that it exists, although it looked almost impossible to ride, unless of course, you're Graham Jarvis. We headed down from the peak and stop by the trucks for a drink, and then headed to the east.

We roost around the border area and we're having tons of fun. Then we did a steep ass Hill Climb and it was not fun anymore for me. YZ was bouncing off rocks it was not fun I was hating my life and that's when.....

.........KENNY CHANGED MY LIFE!

He adjusted my Clickers and the YZ transformed from something that used to be very difficult to ride to Cadillac Style. I spent the rest of the afternoon punting my front end into rocks and logs and other things that would have in the past made me crash. Now I just roll over them and it was way more fun.

Because both of our maturity levels are down in the mid-teens, we giggled with   Delight- the same kind of delight that charger fans get when we occasionally score a touchdown.

Thanks again for a nice day of riding always good to get out on the bike and thank you for changing my life.IMG_20161106_134344651_HDR.jpgIMG_20161106_124537295.jpgIMG_20161106_122718101.jpg

I need Kenny in my life.  I'm not a suspension guru, I paid George some gold bullion to spruce up the boingers on my bike but I'm always lost when it comes to understanding adjusting them.  I'm going to read some stuff and give it a try knowing there's a Kenny out there.

Looks like a nice day for a ride!

What a write-up. You definitely have a way with words, Reximus.

Well done, guys. 

i haven't taught Kenny how to pass yet, but im gonna have too because he is getting faster.

(it would be so much funnerr if Kenny tried passing once in a while)

, im glad you checked him for bikeslutting  .

lets see a pic  (atgatt) of that elbow Kenny. sorry you got hurt. 

if kennys bike hits the rev limitr, you know right away that he is probly sliding downhill face first next to his new wr 450.(if my 450 hits rev limiter i just launched off the perimiter fence into out-of-bounds by accident... see profile pic)

there is a Kenny crash compilation vid around here somewhere

the looser your clickers the faster your gonna go,on trails(i ride mine 5 clicks from the loosest position).

unless you go to superstition sand dunes then crank it up 5-10 clicks , because the sand whoops are farther apart and deep sand.

but thats another thread,,,,,

nice pics 

who is picking me up for superstition next weekend?  i pay burner burgers.

dburner burger.jpg

1 hour ago, Monte de San Diego said:

Would like some route info on your ride, where do you pick up the "fun border patrol ATV track that's kind of like a toboggan ride"?

Check your PM

I'll pick you up. Your a cheap date. 

Better if you meet an Anthony's. You moved 30 minutes off the freeway you dork. 

On 11/8/2016 at 8:17 PM, Ken S said:

Saturday 

Is this still happening?