Fargoin

Another good one from the AMA!

This would be worth researching.   I can't remember actual details, but when Bill Clinton/ Al Gore where in office there were many people in Idaho and Colorado (my two other 'home' states) that were livid with the massive loss of riding area's being proposed.  Locked gates shutting off 1,000's of miles of mountain fire roads.  I don't know if that was an issue here in CA.  It may have been an Al Gore agenda - one can imagine that based on the course of his life since.

2 hours ago, Zubb said:

This would be worth researching.   I can't remember actual details, but when Bill Clinton/ Al Gore where in office there were many people in Idaho and Colorado (my two other 'home' states) that were livid with the massive loss of riding area's being proposed.  Locked gates shutting off 1,000's of miles of mountain fire roads.  I don't know if that was an issue here in CA.  It may have been an Al Gore agenda - one can imagine that based on the course of his life since.

California got hit too.  We lost open routes that were gated and declared as wilderness restoration areas.  It was a federal thing, so I'm sure it effected the whole country in some way.