Sign in to follow this  
Bp619

Lark/McCain is doomed

Was out there today riding staged at oak tree and noticed a surveying truck  there and bunch of pink markers, starting near the tree in the turn out before normally where trials bikes stage. from there goes right up to the top ridge road left and right probably 1/4 mile each way.

Probable hard to see but there are 5 pink ribbons in this picture

20161031_084039.jpg

Then these on top of ridge they were not on the trail itself but on land between trails

20161031_090301.jpgthis is the most disturbing one yet christoph feel on a cactus

20161031_100133.jpg

I had fun on a rock slab though

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

It was so depressing seeing all the markers out there knowing what comes next. We have one small little piece of the pie and those fawkers are going come in and F it up.

jumping cactus requires extreme tool measures.

nice to carry in cactus areas.

afro-pick-vector-for-afro-pick-vector-NG2rkT-clipart.jpg

And yes there are ESA signs and associated survey markers all over the place out there. lovely.......just serves to make law abiding citizens into non-abiding invent new stuff citizens.

Has anyone talked to the BLM about the future of that place. Will it be closed ? 

According to old stuff I read from the company they said remains open and in their words more "trails" I think that means groomed or gravel roads leading  to or around the windmills not our definition of trails but I'll take it over closure. I will say this if they do go along that whole top ridge gonna take alot longer to get to rocky sections by the rocky climbing boulders and kinda worried if the ridge transfer trail is gone alot more trail is gonna get cut in and rangers inspection trail system more and start closing off all the side hard creek trails that have been cut in.

It has not gone un-noticed by the BLM that there seems to be a lot more trails out there than the original marked ones.  They will slowly and systematically start marking those trails considered to be "unofficial" as closed.  If you haven't been out and noticed, there are already "gray" areas that are marked "no trespassing", and routes that were once marked on maps as roads that now have locked gates blocking through access.  It will only be a matter of time.  And my guess is that if the users don't heed these closure warnings as they go up, there will be tickets, and if that doesn't put a stop to it, finally closure of the area.  Just sayin'....

26 minutes ago, Spaugh said:

When riding is outlawed only outlaws will ride.

Si.

Well this is their quote from the site

As with any wind project, less than two percent of the land in the project area will be occupied by the wind power production equipment. The rest of the area will remain available for existing uses, such as hiking, rock-climbing and off-highway vehicle recreation. All existing roads and campgrounds in McCain Valley will remain open to the public.

Although that's doesn't usually stay true for too long...

It's pretty intense out there.... Lots of trucks and equipment moving around on cut, filled, and graded roads cut in, around, and through the trail network on the main ridge. Every half mile or so your singletrack smashes into a construction road with seeded and sandbagged sides. Finding where it connects can be extremely difficult. On the lighter side, all the equipment operators, workers, water & cement truck drivers etc were friendly and courteous... pulling over to let us by on the way in, waving as we passed, and didn't seem to mind us using their roads to try to connect the trails. We found less activity on the western side, and although the trails are less invigorating, they are still fun. It is unclear, however, which trails are open or designated. Lots of seemingly randomly placed esa signs that don't make sense what exactly they are closing or naming as environmentally sensitive. I guess only time will tell mccain's fate, but once the turbines are installed, the workers are gone, and the construction roads morph into loosely maintained access roads for the power company, I hope that most of the singletrack twisting boulder scaling magic that draws me there remains reasonably intact.         

gonna be worse when they come in on monday and find some goons crashed into one of the outhouses and smashed it.

truck silly its like a freeway out there