unhuskyman

San Diego Backcountry Dirt Big Bike/Noob Ride - October 29

Looking forward to this.  Wondering if I need to throw on the Kenda Big Blocks for this???  Currently running Metzler Tourance with good tread left on the 1150 gs.

Actually, just made a decision to run with the Metzlers.  I won't get home tonight until 9pm so changing wheel sets would be a drag.  If I get to Ramona and you guys wag your fingers at me, I'll wave goodbye and be better prepared next time.

Wish I could make this one but the poor lil Kawi is still having head gasket issues. Once she is running good again I am going to post up and see if I can get one of you fine gentlemen to lead a NOOB friendly ride I can attend.

Lurking, seeing if I have the time.

Zubb,

Youll be fine on Tourances', no finger wagging will be had. I'll be running old k60s.

I cross posted to another group as courtesy, so group seems to have multiplied. If everyone shows, we will be looking at 14 or 15 of us.

I will be leaving my house hopefully around 730 in the morning if anybody wants to ride together. I am very close to avocado and 94. 

619-251-0142 

Hi  wierdrider I'll ping you in the morning for a meet place to ride from. I'm right around the corner on Helix

Have a great ride. I'll be at Wash 80 in Ocotillo Wells with some old friends. 

Hey Wierd* I'll meet you at Sbux at 94 and Avocado by 7:30 am.

Ian, thank a ton for putting this together.  I had a blast and it was exactly the kind of riding I've been looking for.  Great pavement, great dirt roads and enough sand to toss me and teach me a few things about how to handle a big pig in the sand.  Good times.  Thanks again.

Great ride and great meeting all you guys. Super sore today, just have to get out way more. Thanks for the ride.

I had a good time on this ride. I gotta hand it to all you adventure riders, I wouldn't have wanted to be on a big bike. You guys did amazing, and I'm not talking about you Shonn, you had a baby pig in comparison ( lol). I offered to suck up the dust for the day, so I got to see some of the tip overs. I don't think anyone got hurt. Once we made it to Grapevine it seemed like all the big bikes were getting pretty comfortable in the sand??. One or two guys decided to bail before Oriflame, and we lot a few more somehow. We were down to eight out of fourteen. 

We got a short ways up Oriflame and one of the guys was getting pretty exhausted in the deep sand, so he decided to turn back. I went with him and we slabbed it up to Julian. I was meeting my daughter and her hubby and friends at Laguna campgrounds for the eve. So picked up a couple of brews and some Julian apples and off I went. 

Thanks unhuskyman ( Ian ) for putting up he ride together.

Here are some photos of the ride, my Campout, and my ride home today. 

IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7528.JPG

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7533.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7541.JPG

IMG_7544.JPG

IMG_7546.JPG

IMG_7587.JPG

IMG_7588.JPG

IMG_7590.JPG

IMG_7592.JPG

IMG_7593.JPG

IMG_7594.JPG

IMG_7595.JPG

IMG_7596.JPG

IMG_7597.JPG

IMG_7598.JPG

IMG_7599.JPG

IMG_7600.JPG

IMG_7601.JPG

Oh shi... Looks like i missed out on something. Would fit right into my allee.

Weirdrider, 

Thanks a ton for sweeping. Definitely couldnt have kept even the remaining few together without you. 

Ill be putting real knobbies on now....

glad you were able to make it to the camp out . your daughter has same eyes as you.

nice wheelie. glad you guys all saw some dirt.

sweet ride 

Im bummed I couldnt make this. Had some friends in town that weekend and saturdays are tough for me to begin with. Looks like it was a great ride! Doubt I could have hung with these terrible battlewings. Especially not in the sand.

lol Wierdrider, going to have to call the XR a Big Red Piglet compared to all those big bikes. Great pics too.