acco205

N00b from San Diego

Hey everyone, my name is Mike. I've been lurking for a while and figured I should probably introduce myself. Been riding for a few years about am no stranger to long trips and big miles, but I recently traded in the fz6 for a Tiger 800XC. I have exactly zero offroad experience (and I'm aware my choice in bike is rather ill suited for learning), but I look forward to getting to know you all, going for some great rides and hopefully learning some stuff along the way.

Here are some pictures from my most recent trip.8CE741E1-CE2C-41C5-B8A7-3B8D621D7A5C_zps

C5BE3C44-E1C8-43F8-A790-CBF38F58EF71_zps

BCA289C6-DA08-4D1B-867C-2E38DCBEA1B3_zps

22ADF43E-86D6-4FD1-855F-FC2C6DF107B4_zps

BB255596-D8C0-41F9-8579-C98CAFE72180_zps

64C8C9EF-5603-4E17-BA09-9DBDBFE6EC09_zps

-Mike

Welcome aboard, Mike. And I did notice that your Tiger was a bit off the pavement. So that's a good start. 

We'll see you out on a ride soon!

6 minutes ago, Uncle Champ said:

Tigers welcome. You too.

Oh, thank you. Clearly this is a level headed, straight forward, and not in any way sarcastic group, so I think I will fit right in!

1 hour ago, Dan Diego said:

Welcome aboard, Mike. And I did notice that your Tiger was a bit off the pavement. So that's a good start. 

We'll see you out on a ride soon!

It was off pavement within 6 days of ownership. It was also within 6 days of ownership that I learned its a couple hundred pounds heavier than a mountain bike.

On the up side- I learned I can squat a 500 lb bike. Downside, my pretty new bike aint so pretty anymore. Oh well. Good story for the ride to starbucks.

fz6 to a Tiger xc...bet your are wondering why you waited so long to make the switch.

Adventure bikes are soooo much fun. On and off the pavement.

Welcome to the passion!

4 hours ago, acco205 said:

I learned I can squat a 500 lb bike. Downside, my pretty new bike aint so pretty anymore.

You'll find that this group never drops our bikes. And we keep them waxed up and lookin' purty. You'll fit right in.

Welcome Mike. 

We are having a club meeting Tuesday if you're in need of some more sarcasm.  

On 10/15/2016 at 7:18 PM, Oracle said:

fz6 to a Tiger xc...bet your are wondering why you waited so long to make the switch.

Adventure bikes are soooo much fun. On and off the pavement.

Welcome to the passion!

Well, money was a part of it. But short of that I cant believe the mid weight adv market is so small stateside.

On 10/15/2016 at 8:48 PM, Dan Diego said:

You'll find that this group never drops our bikes. And we keep them waxed up and lookin' purty. You'll fit right in.

Thats what I figured. Please dont make fun of me for having a scratched up bike. I'm very sensitive about it.

On 10/15/2016 at 7:47 AM, Wierdrider said:

Welcome Mike. 

We are having a club meeting Tuesday if you're in need of some more sarcasm.  

I will see if I can make it!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Sweet bike! and welcome.  I have a certain lust for those middleweight Tigers.  Am glad to see you've already scraped a little of it's protective layer off.  I'm told they ride better without it.

See ya tomorrow night hopefully.