After a fling with a Triumph Tiger 800 XCx - great bike, just more than I wanted in the dirt..... I'm back to a DR650. WCGiv..?? here had this 2014 languishing in his garage after he bought a Husky so I figured it needed a good going through and too many parts. I knew basically what I wanted from my last 6 year long build so I made a list and made a hole in my bank account. This build was delayed a bit due to a Swiss couple stopping in and a solo Swiss rider spending 5 days going through his bike before heading south.

Bringing it home...........

IMG_1803

A little cleaning, lubing, etc.

IMG_1900

IMG_2051

IMG_1865

Some parts

IMG_1854

Some Cogent Dynamics suspension, Seat Concepts seat, DSA Plastics

IMG_2049

The DSA rear fender really cleans things up. I added BikeVis bullets front and rear.

IMG_2164

Shakedown tomorrow then start penciling in some trips.......

IMG_2243

Very cool, Ken. I think you missed your true calling!

17 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

Stator??    Clean is Good

The open engine is to secure the Neutral Sending Unit bolts - Suzuki's NSU to Kawa's doohickey. :)

I went out to get the proper hardware for the side racks and realized it's mounted wrong in the final pic. :mellow: Fixed now with some SS bolts.

Wow, a little cleaning and lubing! I've got some bikes that could use that in case you want something to do.

5 hours ago, hobiee said:

Some guys never learn :ph34r:

How boring would THAT be...?  :)

In the past 11 years, 16 bikes have been through the garage. Still havin' fun!

Very Cool Mr. Trophy!  Looking good!  I may buy a DR650 too now that I know the top DR mechanic in town! , but my garage is full, so I may need to keep it in yours for awhile -  haha.  Look forward to a camp trip soon using as much dirt as can be found to connect El Cajon to  Picacho and KOFA!!  Temps are just about to cool down  !!!!!!!!!!  Yahoo!!!!!