Dan Diego

About planned rides: Funny

Was going to place this in the Informal Rides section. Definitely not SDAR. Happens a lot in the street bike community. 

IMG_9839.JPG

It happens every time I want to get people together for a Troy Meadows camp and ride trip.<_<

Many Dream,  Few Execute.  

We all know this stuff is Hard to Do.   

That's why I started doing solo rides. I always try to plan rides with others but when the day comes and everyone has backed out I'm still going riding. There is a risk with riding alone but if I only went on another rider's schedule I'd never get to ride. Now when I have time, I post it to all my normal hangouts and away I go. 

I just did a solo week long ride, had three people who were going to join me but as expected they didn't make it.  I'm ok by myself, I set the pace, go where I want, stop when I want, etc.  

On 10/9/2016 at 7:41 PM, tntmo said:

I just did a solo week long ride, had three people who were going to join me but as expected they didn't make it.  I'm ok by myself, I set the pace, go where I want, stop when I want, etc.  

pics or lies ? sounds like a good ride . thats what i need a solo week out on my ride. any snags?

Absolute agree, Own pace, stop when I need it, go where I like to go. 

BUT going in a group (Small) is fun to and give you a little more safety feeling on the ride.

44 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

pics or lies ? sounds like a good ride . thats what i need a solo week out on my ride. any snags?

Got a small nail in my rear tire, plugged it but decided it was wise to change it in Colorado Springs.  Rained on my ninja campsite in New Mexico, it was slick as snot getting out of there and back to the road.  I didn't pack enough instant coffee and my camp stove ran out of fuel.  

Best week I've had in a long time!

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

Best week I've had in a long time!

Awesome!