TexasDualler

Somewhere roosting over the rainbow

After a crappy day at work I convinced myself to load up the bike and head out to CC. On the drive down 8 a glorious rainbow and dark clouds showed me the way. I knew the conditions would be perfect for a ride. Once I got there and unloaded I couldn't wait to get going. The smell of fresh rain and premix were just the aphrodisiac I needed. I rode up Kernan to 1 then down 9 to 2. Decided to try 3a after hearing about Uncle Kenny's recent success. I made it to the top of the v-notch but decided the only way I was getting over the last rock was to ghost ride the bike over and I didn't really feel like taking the chance of smashing the bars or busting a radiator. Especially since I just replaced my bars after my last bike flipping crash. So I turned around and went to 11 and did some of the jeep trails off of 11 and went down ranger. Then back to the truck under the cover of darkness. 

image.jpg

Nicely down ya that vnotch is no joke heres me walking bike down it. At one point front tire and rear were both on the notch didnt seem that steep but thats atleast 6foot

IMG_0297.jpg

Ive thought about the old "rocks are your friends" (for traction) comment made by an old friend, former world enduro champ/isde/Dakar racer....... he made that comment up in that area during a corral canyon trial ride. Ive been both ways on that thing and have always looked to the big solid ramp rock at left in the foto and other solid fixtures to ride up or roll off down......or spotted just now at the other notch at left. PS its a lot deeper and steeper than only a short years time passed. PPS I can hardly believe how good bikes are now. (especially 300 2 strokes- KTM/Hus/Bet/TM etc) 

I made it to where Brian is in the picture but going the opposite way. It was a lot more washed out though. I thought about trying the rock ramp to the left but the area around the bottom of that was really washed out too. Would have had to take a pretty big step to get up and over. Would've been a high risk evolution and I didn't want to take a chance getting beat up before the race on Sunday. I'll come back to it someday though. 

We can do it together. I boiled my radiator real good on that. I have a cooling fan now.