amgems

KTM's and Their Riders are Tough

Embedded and hosted on youtube (liveleak may be flagged by some content filters)

He's lucky to have escaped with miner injuries...

Normally there is gold at the bottom of a mine shaft but all they drudged up was a KTM.

22 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

Normally there is gold at the bottom of a mine shaft but all they drudged up was a KTM.

good one.

1 hour ago, Dan Diego said:

He's lucky to have escaped with miner injuries...

bad one....but good bad one

In my spare time I go looking for abandoned mines on my KTM, SOLO. Kinda makes ya think

This is a pic of the Molly Hogan mine at Corral Canyon, a vertical shaft about 15 feet to water/mud

molly hogan.jpg

here is another one in Pine Valley

pv.jpg

There are hundreds of mines in our mountains. I have found many in Pine Valley.  RIDE CAREFUL!

Many years ago, I was out on Long Valley road in Pine Valley.  I was poking around some side trails when I came upon a raised area that had a pile of dirt and rocks.  I stopped my bike and walked up the incline.  At the top was a big hole.  I cautiously inched towards the edge and peered in.  About thirty feet down was a ledge, and then the shaft got smaller and plunged into darkness.  The disturbing thing about this was that there was an older yellow Yamaha motorcycle resting on its side on the ledge.  I stared at it for a long time and then inched away from the edge.  Not long after that, the hole had been filled in when I returned.

4 hours ago, cj54x said:

In my spare time I go looking for abandoned mines on my KTM, SOLO. Kinda makes ya think

This is a pic of the Molly Hogan mine at Corral Canyon, a vertical shaft about 15 feet to water/mud

here is another one in Pine Valley

There are hundreds of mines in our mountains. I have found many in Pine Valley.  RIDE CAREFUL!

Corral Canyon !? is it near any of the riding trails? Marked?

3 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Many years ago, I was out on Long Valley road in Pine Valley.  I was poking around some side trails when I came upon a raised area that had a pile of dirt and rocks.  I stopped my bike and walked up the incline.  At the top was a big hole.  I cautiously inched towards the edge and peered in.  About thirty feet down was a ledge, and then the shaft got smaller and plunged into darkness.  The disturbing thing about this was that there was an older yellow Yamaha motorcycle resting on its side on the ledge.  I stared at it for a long time and then inched away from the edge.  Not long after that, the hole had been filled in when I returned.

That is just a little spooky.

Big Bear. Gold Mine Mtn there is a mine shaft just like this about 5x5. At the top of all the easy switch backs when you come off the hwy. Just where you get to the 1st of the 2 step ups where there is a 90 degree rt turn. If you think about bypassing the 2 step ups you will find it.

The KTM...Mighty 690 .

CopyofBB2.jpg