Mikey777

Husqvarna hand axe to match your bike

Old school cool, they are using the oldest of the Husqvarna trademark gun sight logos, probably the same hand forging technique from 1600, Swedish Steel. Nice.

I'm using my old Boy Scout Axe for my trip....but a Husky one is cool !

i ordered one, will be good to have an axe again------that's not a knife this is a......axe

Something about a well-made axe. I've been using a Swedish axe (more of a hatchet really) from Granfors Bruk for the last few years for camping, etc. Love that thing. Feels like an heirloom that will last for generations.

I'm all about featherweight gear and minimalist travel and camping.  However..... this year I grimaced and hit the 'one-click order' button on Amazon for a boy scout sized axe by Cold Steele.  I sharpened it enough to perform surgery and then cut a few inches off the handle so it would barely fit inside my side cases and it's still long enough to get two hands on.  It's way too heavy and takes up too much space and I'll never camp/travel without it again. The ability to actually chop enough wood to build a GOOD fire with 1/10th the effort needed using just a hatchet...... priceless.  My son mocked me when I pulled it out the first night at camp.  A half hour later he had to have one.

Bob, your Granfors ..... don't ever let it go.  Unless you want to give it to me.  :rolleyes:  Those things rock!

back in the day thieves were riding up on motos and bikes reaching in and doing snatch and grab into cars......my hatchet was always at hand to retrieve finger prints and even entire hand prints..and blood type evidence as well.....just in case someone reached into my open top car (911 Targa)

I like this ax. Could be an addition to my riding/camping gear.

I travel with a machete strapped to the side of my bike. Never had any issues in Canada or Mexico. I gotta "chop wood" is my response at the checkpoints.

But I've been looking at camp axes instead, mainly the usually suspects: SOG, Cold Steel, etc. To not raise alarm "axe murderer-style," it's gotta look innocuous (hammering in tent stakes, etc.).

This Husky axe seems to fit the bill.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have a small Gerber that I carry on my big bike. However, there is just not enough handle to gain the momentum to chop/split a decent size piece of wood.   It is good for tent stakes, kindling, but that is about it. aka JUNK.  Husqy more bueno and not a bad price.

01be6cfd-06ce-4a95-bd2e-b2df130c2729_1.bc5a021a70426ea54aa21c9ffe91db3b.jpeg

The Gränsfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet...yep an heirloom piece.

282038_0_41.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Gerber gator combo 2 little long but overall light weight package and nice saw included in handle.

The axe make good for oiling your chain .

just throw it under the swing arm as a second kickstand so the rear tire free wheels , then spray.

easily kicks out when your done .