Oracle

Police Motor Officer Competition - Coronado next weekend

The annual Terry Bennett (RIP) Police Motor Officer Competition is coming up this weekend (practice Friday the 23rd, competition Saturday the 24th) at the Silver Strand in Coronado. If you are looking for something to do, come on down and watch officers from all over the country (and probably Mexico as well), compete in various motorcycle competitions. Last year, a couple SDAR peeps came down and took in the action. This is something kids might enjoy as well. So if you are pro police, come on down and show you support. There is no charge to spectate. See the link for more info....

http://www.sdcmoa.com/sdcmoa_002.htm

Might show up with the baby on friday will you be down there competing.

Soo had this on my calender but last minute decision to fly back to Jersey for my bro's birthday. Get em Loren!!!

I am going to ride down, set up my chair, crack a beer and yell unsolicited, complementary advice and see how long it takes to get me arrested.

I watched LB and his team ride last year. Fricking amazing. It's no wonder I get caught every time I try to flee the scene. 

I'm gonna have the wife chauffeur me over so I can see the competition. 

Lets see if my videos work...

IMG_3431.MOV

IMG_3432.MOV

I'll try and make this, I didn't see the time for the wheelie competition though!

Do you know what time you'll be competing LB?

12 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Might show up with the baby on friday will you be down there competing.

Yes. It will be practice all day. I'll be the guy on the black and white police motorcycle... :-) .... I'll flag you down when I see you.

12 hours ago, Afry said:

Soo had this on my calender but last minute decision to fly back to Jersey for my bro's birthday. Get em Loren!!!

Pick your brother over me... Whatevs....

12 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

I am going to ride down, set up my chair, crack a beer and yell unsolicited, complementary advice and see how long it takes to get me arrested.

No wonder we are friends... :-)

11 hours ago, Dan Diego said:

I watched LB and his team ride last year. Fricking amazing. It's no wonder I get caught every time I try to flee the scene. 

I'm gonna have the wife chauffeur me over so I can see the competition. 

Lets see if my videos work...

IMG_3431.MOV

IMG_3432.MOV

Can't wait to check out the scooter. Hopefully it has a motor in it by this weekend.

11 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

I will be there too. I will keep an eye out for you.

Just as long as it's not through a scope...

59 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

I'll try and make this, I didn't see the time for the wheelie competition though!

Do you know what time you'll be competing LB?

I've been known to stand the big 1200 RTP up on the rear wheel every once in a while...

21 minutes ago, Mikey777 said:

Going to I wear my Black Lives Matter T-shirt, too.

You should. It will go well for you. You'll make all kinds of friends...all of them armed with guns for your safety.

Just left very cool pretty good skills from everyone found interesting that there was zero from brake use.

3 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Just left very cool pretty good skills from everyone found interesting that there was zero from brake use.

I just got home too. Sorry I missed you. I know all us motor cops look a like...LOL

Here with fellow SDAR member Radwor watching LB compete at Silver Strand  He did great, of course. They're #1 in the 4-man competition and he will be winning the slow ride competition later.

No word on the wheelie or stoppie contests... 

i tried out my knee scooter. The D606s and rear suspension helped on the sand. 

IMG_3325.JPG

IMG_3326.JPG

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_9994.JPG

IMG_3334.JPG

IMG_3335.MOV

1 hour ago, ADV Bum said:

Seems to be a beautiful day for the competition. I hope they do well!

I was talking to Loren about that. Just an incredible view of the sand and waves matched with perfect weather. 

What better place for a competition than America's Finest City?

Yeah, it was a perfect day. I had a blast. Thanks for coming down DD. Mickey777 also came down and hung out with me for a couple hours. Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to do this. But tomorrow the I'll be back to the reality of working law enforcement in this day and age.

Here is a link to the vid of LB and Just2Beers doing the two man competition. LB guns it just at the end to shave a second off.

https://goo.gl/photos/KSoz7Z7nC3bpzE499

Two SDPD motors doing the tandem drill.  It is a timed event and they cannot break a piece of velcroed ribbon that keeps the distance between the two bikes. These two guys went at this for almost a half hour and were borrowing money from their wives to keep doing it. They have to pay (for charity) after their one event. 

https://goo.gl/photos/eptkMs8HhBd3WJUu9

:thumbsup_anim:

I'll try to upload the winning four man team competition run when I get a second...