dert428

Escondido to Toro peak Friday evening 09/09

I'm 50/50 planning on spending night at toro also on Friday how funny, I'll let your know tomorrow night I'll probably be on my ktm 950se if I make it out there I  plan on leaving la mesa around 4pm ish I know way very well from ramona into anza following same tracks never been to toro though but have gps.

That route is going to take some time. You might want to get an early start unless you don't mind riding and setting up camp in the dark.

CiD

Yup earliest i can leave is 4ish but was planning on basically getting up to peak right at sunset. But preferred time would be like little before 2 if someone haven't done route before to take a break or 2 

I am interested in this. If able to make it could meet when you pass through Ramona. Any fees, permits, passes, etc required for camping up there?

I've done this route a couple times. Hauling the mail I can make it to Anza in 1.5 hours from Ramona. Stop for gas and supplies (i.e. beer) and it's another solid 45 minutes to an hour for the peak. Cruise speeds will be a 4+ hour tour from Ramona.

Im out gonna be at mccain breaking in new bike, have fun

Thanks for the info. I have some new led lights I want to try out. I'm pretty sure it's blm land so just adventure pass required. Camp sights are first come first serve.Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Your correct but probably forest land not blm  adventure pass needed, when ive been on bikes they only care if 1 bike has one atleast when stopped me, 

Wish I could join ya, but with my schedule, I have to plan ---- out in advance.

There are a couple nice spots to camp up there.

I'm out ... just not enough time to get my stuff together for a camping ride.

FYI... Monday evening this week, on the trail that starts at Warner Springs, roughly 6 PM and within a mile past where the pavement ends ... Came around a corner and found myself within 40 feet of three very large cats on the road. I figured they were close to 200 lbs each even though they're not supposed to be that big. I've seen a bunch over the years ... always solo ... never even half this size ... and never this orange looking. It was pretty cool! Caused me to pick up the pace of my ride for some reason. Sounds like you'll be going through that area about the same time tomorrow...

That is my experience, Got woken up by a "BIG CAT" at night by stepping on my like a cow. Or is this "BIGFOOT's Home"