Zubb

New in La Mesa

Hi everyone.  I'm new to the group and looking forward to meeting other riders and doing some off road.  I just sold the Ducati and bought an '04 1150 GS so I could leave the pavement.  Look forward to meeting others here and spinning up some miles together.

Cheers,  

Zubb (Kelly)

Good news!! It is sufficiently scarred up as to release me of all guilt when I dump it! 

And I expect to dump it ?

Welcome aboard, Zubb! I'm also in La Mesa and also dropped by R1150GS a lot. (But I drop all my bikes!)

Hope to see you out on the trails!

I'm so ashamed. Truly. But current funds did not permit the inclusion of a second bike in the garage. And I neeeeeeeed to start GSing. Big plans for next summer and fall with my son (also new to GS land). IDBDR and Alaska are on the horizon for us   

There will always be an Italian corner in my soul. Hope that by late 2017 I can start looking for a '97-00 900SS. That and the GS 'should' make me a very happy boy. 

On 9/8/2016 at 7:04 PM, Zubb said:

I'm so ashamed. Truly. But current funds did not permit the inclusion of a second bike in the garage. And I neeeeeeeed to start GSing. Big plans for next summer and fall with my son (also new to GS land). IDBDR and Alaska are on the horizon for us   

There will always be an Italian corner in my soul. Hope that by late 2017 I can start looking for a '97-00 900SS. That and the GS 'should' make me a very happy boy. 

look forward to the ride report on this one. 

Seems to be a good deal of Big Bike action on the site.  Look to the Informal Ride Thread and you will make friends.  See you around La Mesa.

We should have a La Mesa meet-up at Johnny B's sometime.

Bagsr

16 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Seems to be many Big Bike action on the site.  Look to the Informal Ride Thread and you will make friends.  See you around La Mesa.

We should have a La Mesa meet-up at Johnny B's sometime.

Bagsr

Someone plan this and I will be there!

ill be curious to see if any of you were a previous owner of my newtome beast. 

On 9/10/2016 at 9:29 AM, Zubb said:

Someone plan this and I will be there!

ill be curious to see if any of you were a previous owner of my newtome beast. 

all right.  that's it.  I'm planning it.  Johnny B's, in La Mesa, Tuesday night next week (27th) at 5pm for the 3B's.  Beer, Burgers and Bullsh*t.  Anyone want to join me there for a meet and greet is welcome.  Not a new rider, just new to GS riding from a street background.  

I see an 'informal rides' thread but not really an 'informal beer' thread.  I think I'll post this on the informal ride page and see if anyone's in the mood to meet and greet.  I'll likely be looking for a good day ride the weekend after next but that's another topic.

At this point, I should be able to make it. Dan Diego just has to roll on down the hill with his knee scooter, someone can tow him home. 

I'm in. Will be on crutches, but will be there. 

Jim, drop by so one of us can ride bitch.

I can do the meerkat  

14 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

At this point, I should be able to make it. Dan Diego just has to roll on down the hill with his knee scooter, someone can tow him home. 

I'll bring the rope  

4 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Bring a noose if someone's riding bitch!

Aw, c'mon, Jimbo...do you prefer the rodeo? The teapot?

Guilty as charged. 

But I feel as if I'm in good, er...bad company, with the SDAR crowd. They're a bunch of enablers.