Mikey777

Harley & The Davidsons on Discovery Channel

I am sure some of you are probably watching this, but it is a three part mini series on the history of Harley Davidson a 9:00 p.m.  It is a little drama'd up, but entertaining nonetheless.  If you missed any, they are showing the prior episodes and you can watch it online too.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/harley-and-the-davidsons/

They made 60 bikes for the show.

I've recorded it on DVR and will watch all 3 parts in one fell swoop so I can skip the commercials. Have heard good things about it so far.

If it's bike related, I'm gonna watch it.

5 hours ago, Dan Diego said:

I've recorded it on DVR and will watch all 3 parts in one fell swoop so I can skip the commercials. Have heard good things about it so far.

If it's bike related, I'm gonna watch it.

Except for "A Story Worth Living"

I saw parts of it...pretty cool, but unfortunately more like a fiction movie...much of it not based on facts...too bad that hollywood story is more important than facts.

9 minutes ago, tntmo said:

Except for "A Story Worth Living"

I do give all bike movies a look. Some aren't palatable. That one--and the Che Guevara one--just didnt resonate with me. 

In my world, "On Any Sunday" set the bar. And that's tough to meet. 

I saw episode 1 and I liked it. I'm glad to have something different than reality, crime, news kind story line, especially something about motorcycles.  Acting was pretty good, I like the sets and scenery. A little racing action was good too. Looking forward to the next episode. 

I DVR'd it. I'm looking forward to watching it. But if it's like most other shows I DVR, that's unlikely to happen.

You can watch all your shows when you retire in a couple months and are slurping on soup all day.  Assuming your kids didn't erase them all.

2 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

You can watch all your shows when you retire in a couple months and are slurping on soup all day.  Assuming your kids didn't erase them all.

Will you retire too, so we can ride all day?

We'll become professional adventure riders. Books will be written.

8 hours ago, Oracle said:

Will you retire too, so we can ride all day?

We'll become professional adventure riders. Books will be written.

Wow, can I get in on this?  I retire next year, so......

2 hours ago, tntmo said:

I've been thinking of some really cool retirement rides. Not RTW stuff, but epic nonetheless.  

I probably have about 10 more years to go before I take down my single all the way.  However, I do plan on scaling back to part time.  Ride more, work less.

9 hours ago, tntmo said:

Heck yeah. I have a feeling I'll be bugging people to ride soon. Everyone will be like...gee, I gotta go to work.

Either that or I'll be hanging withe the OG's like CID and Bags. And they'll be telling me stories that start with .... "when I was your age...." LOL

7 hours ago, Dan Diego said:

I've been thinking of some really cool retirement rides. Not RTW stuff, but epic nonetheless.  

You and I can definitely team up, bro. We'll call it Broke Back Adventure riders? Kinda catchy, huh?

6 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

I probably have about 10 more years to go before I take down my single all the way.  However, I do plan on scaling back to part time.  Ride more, work less.

Part time would be cool. I may pick up some sort of part time gig for pocket money. Hey, I could be an investigator for your firm?

16 minutes ago, Oracle said:

You and I can definitely team up, bro. We'll call it Broke Back Adventure riders? Kinda catchy, huh?

I can't quit you, man!

Just substitute ADV bikes for horses.

image.jpeg