Brian Masters

Kernan cycle trail?

I've not been up in that area for a while and was surprised at how rough the main road from Pine Vally was. How does Kernan compare in difficulty? Thinking about heading that way next weekend or possibly do the Loop up through Laguna.

On another Note planning on getting busy with the club again. Got busy with other stuff, and now want to focus on more day trip rides.

It can get pretty chewed up in a few places.  Last time I went down it from Long Valley road (coming in from Pine Valley side), I thought it more more gnarly than usual, but that was last October so I don't know what it looks like now.

It's all pretty rough right now.  Kernan was pretty rocky in some sections, especially after you drop off to 4 corners.  My last time through was not too long ago.  Can't imagine it's gotten any better.

Depends on the bike..and obviously the rider.  Did it a few weeks back...about the same as ever...Any true dual sport bike would be fine.  We saw a guy heading that way on a loaded up adventure bike.  Never saw him again so assume he turned around.  Probably a good idea

Yup its about same as always been main dirt route is definitely more chewed up than usual but kernan about the same, if you thought main route to kernan starting in pine valley was a challenge at any point i dont recommend doing kernan cycle trail solo.

Rode Kernan from the dirt road up to Four Corners a few weeks ago for the first time in a couple of years.  It was a lot rockier than I remember it being and it was pretty chewed up.  Had no trouble making it but was definitely surprised at how rocky it seemed.

Maybe I remember it being smoother than it was . . . ?

Last I rode there is was really bashed and rocky- it was a couple months ago.