Thinking about trying to do some of the upcoming D37 races. Have a couple questions though and thought maybe somebody might be able to answer them.

1.) What's the sign up process like? I've done a couple D38 races and it was pretty straight forward. Showed up the morning of the race, signed a couple forms and got a wrist band. First time I got a pie plate but by the second race I had an official number. Would I just get a pie plate for D37 or could I use my existing number plate? Or is there some special number plate requirement for D37?

2.) Anyone else trying to race D37 that I can tag along with? Or maybe come out and help me pit?

3.) Any major differences between D38 and D37 I should know about? (i.e. race format/etiquette, admin stuff)

Thanks for any help

I'll go race with you. Kenny is incapable of saying "no" if dirt bikes are involved, plus he is good at hospital duty. My participation is subject to availability and fairly advanced notice and planning. 

Ok. We can get 3 of us in my truck and split gas. 

When and where?

You guys ridden Johnson Valley?  Quite a bit different terrain there

010_zpsf3c66c01.jpg

013_zpsba8e764c.jpg

Riding there is awesome.  Fun place

D37 is real desert racing. The challenges are for real in that zone. It's rocky, steep, sandy, technical, fast, it's ridgelines, scary downhills and hard climbs, its open dez and sharp hacking cross grain sections. You will quickly write off the D38 restricted area (not their fault) events once you do a real desert race.

Just have your AMA card and sign up. I've gone up at zero dark thirty from SD to get to sign up but best is to get up the day/night before. Every D37 race I've done has been a Nat H&H and 1 Big six race, I've never done any of their district stuff, they are filled with tradition and you will see the clubs that have been around since the 50s.

I make it a new tradition to always make it up to do the NHHA final in Oct the 100sMC National Hare and Hound, I will most likely be there again this year, last year was a mother for you.....a true 100 miler, with a ball breaker last 10 mile section after pounding out 90 mixed terrain miles.

This is what to expect, this was the final run to the finish at about mile 90.....up the waterfall section I was still OK and moving forward, but on that final downhill my legs were toast... I did very well in this one.

http://moto-tally.com/nhha/results.aspx/2015/8/C17/CT

http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/2016/september/2016_vikings.jpg

Seriously trying to do this one. Deal with the devil to get out of work is in routing. Would try to leave Friday night and camp out

2 hours ago, robertaccio said:

D37 is real desert racing. The challenges are for real in that zone. It's rocky, steep, sandy, technical, fast, it's ridgelines, scary downhills and hard climbs, its open dez and sharp hacking cross grain sections

That's what I've heard. That's a little more my style. Would really like to do something more technical and less 6th gear on the pipe

I take back what I said about not doing district 37 stuff,  I've done WestChec Enduros, Western HS and other events tied to D37 up at The Ranch at Anza and Gorman. They always have good events.

I wont be able to do the Sept 3 one. But if you keep going to these, keep posting and I'll go to whatever one I can. 

pay attention to S/A and Sound test requirement, have good packed muffler-S/A attatched  (FMF Turbine core 2 for example)

I'm in if you can get off work. 

I'll put on my stock muffler for the sound check then change it real quick. 

I think I'm going to pass until the next one. Still healing my arm.

Pulling on huge Blue Fin Tuna this weekend didn't help.

Let's plan ahead for a future race.

11 hours ago, Ken S said:

I think I'm going to pass until the next one. Still healing my arm.

Pulling on huge Blue Fin Tuna this weekend didn't help.

Let's plan ahead for a future race.

pics or lies?

Got spooled on 50 lb. 400 yards of spectra and 200 yards of mono on an Acurate 600 wide. Never even slowed down. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well bummer.  Cool fish though. I'm 90% committed the the D37 race this weekend. Just waiting on 1 more signature to get the go ahead. I'm trying to do the first D38 race in October but not sure about the rest of September yet

Sunday night. Aztec. Seafoth. $210. 

I have the heavy gear if you need a loaner rod. 

Lets go. 

I'm planning on making it out to the D37 races sept 24 weekend.  It's a dual scramble weekend.