Race yesterday was a blast. Good news is I didn't get a helicopter ride this time. I did smack a tree branch with my leg though. Beat up my skid plate pretty good too. It was just the kind of race I was dreaming up. Super rocky. Carnage everywhere on the first lap. Making gutsy passes. Battles in the sand washes. Can't wait to do it again. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ride on Devon. 

D-38 coming up first Sunday next month. 

image.jpeg

second foto great example of Johnson Valley rock blocks, all the pros said it was a tough one, good work!!!

Trying to make it to this one (about 86% chance of making it) next Sunday if anyone wants to join. About a 3hr drive from SD. Planning on leaving my house around 3a Sunday morning

http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/2016/september/2016_jackrabbits.jpg

On August 25, 2016 at 10:29 AM, robertaccio said:

D37 is real desert racing. The challenges are for real in that zone. It's rocky, steep, sandy, technical, fast, it's ridgelines, scary downhills and hard climbs, its open dez and sharp hacking cross grain sections. You will quickly write off the D38 restricted area (not their fault) events once you do a real desert race.

Just have your AMA card and sign up. I've gone up at zero dark thirty from SD to get to sign up but best is to get up the day/night before. Every D37 race I've done has been a Nat H&H and 1 Big six race, I've never done any of their district stuff, they are filled with tradition and you will see the clubs that have been around since the 50s.

I make it a new tradition to always make it up to do the NHHA final in Oct the 100sMC National Hare and Hound, I will most likely be there again this year, last year was a mother for you.....a true 100 miler, with a ball breaker last 10 mile section after pounding out 90 mixed terrain miles.

This is what to expect, this was the final run to the finish at about mile 90.....up the waterfall section I was still OK and moving forward, but on that final downhill my legs were toast... I did very well in this one.

http://moto-tally.com/nhha/results.aspx/2015/8/C17/CT

Can I get GPS trax of this loop somewhere? Tia

AMA Nat H&H up North....y'all mentioned D37 races well here's the premiere version D37 race.  see post above and the other AMA Nat H&H post. you want tough join the fray. This even will not disappoint.

http://100smc.org/race-information/

"Hello National Hare and Hound fans. This is Tommy Russell, President of the 100's MC to give you an insight of our race October 23rd in Johnson Valley, California. Back by popular demand is our world famous reverse bomb run. It will be in place so your family and loved ones can observe the hole-shot without leaving the pits. To keep with our 'western' theme this year, loop one has been titled "Pony Express". You'll be dancing within the rocks with open prairies to over take your competition. Loop two, titled "Stampede", is a combination of single track, box canyons and a dash of open prairies. Loop three titled, "Badlands", is 15 miles of single track, double checks followed up with a memorable downhill ride to the finish!"

I am working on getting a hall pass on this one.  It will be a last minute decision.  I will have to leave early Sunday morning as I definitely cant go up tonight.

Done and another hardcore D37 Nat H&H   100s MC season finale. 3 loops  tough one. 6th 50A 

check in with the SDAR guy that stopped by in the morning.. I was very preoccupied sorry