December 3, 2016 Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro

New Format. We do it the Anciano way!
The basics:
• 3 loops, 25 miles of primarily single track. Each loop is a special test, no transfer sections or resets within the loops. Short breaks between loops....
• Elders and women do 2 loops.
• 4 or 5 riders start per minute.
• Reset Times between each loop. You will return to the main pit area.
• Your elapsed time starts on your minute whether you are there or not – don’t be late!
• Scores based on lowest overall elapsed times.

Entries open October 1, 2016. All entries will be done online at www.losancianos.com
We have lots of details to work out between now and the event so we don’t have all the answers right now. Please post your questions on the Los Ancianos Facebook Group and we will try to answer them as we figure out the details.
Los Ancianos MC ‪#‎clubnews‬

if you are even thinking about this you better sign asap----in 2 days the limit is almost reached

Bummer i was gonna wait couple weeks and see how body healed

rider instructions are posted on Facebook, Los Ancianos spot. for those entered.

PS they have had some cancellations...I heard through the grapevine...so there may be openings for committed folks.

I am appointing Robert as SDAR remote pit coordinator, since I am unable to plan.

I will likely be bringing out motorhome down and will have a couple of beds available.

Blake and Ty and I will be there, too.  Looking forward to meeting you Matt.  Just hoping to finish 2 or more loops... 50-75 miles of LAMC Tecate singletrack should be a helluva "sporty" challenge!

Oh man that sucks another 50 class guy (Matt) that can beat me. I'm trying for that top 10 list!! You fast guys are killing my lazy boy single digit finish mojo!!!

Im still trying to figure out how to get my between loop pit stuff over there (some gels, bars and RynoPower) maybe just tie a bag onto my gas can.

Robert- if I recall correctly, you beat me in all the enduro tests last year.  I just beat you overall because you suck at grass tracks so bad.

No grass tracks this year, probably.

to finish first first you must finish. I am very bummed for ISDE97 Matt to make the trip then DNF due to injury (walk away getoff but beat and bruised). the SDAR inmates, Ty did well and earned his pin with MTN man and Blake DNF. they can tell their story . these races just live on with bench races. PS the 1st 2 LAMC Tecate Enduros I did DNF 94 houred out late late and later---but I did ride out the course. 97 I quit at lunch i was about 5mins away from hour out anyway, but was hammered.  so my record aint so perfect, these events are larga y dura.

Tentative preliminary,

I finished 9th 50+open from 59 in class in trophy position, met my goal of a top 10 class finish in a talent heavy event (interstate and international)

Matt's suck at grass tracks comment is an understatement fact is I suck at any trail that I can see more than a tire track wide.....my brain cant focus!!! too much information to process hahaha

around 275 started.

I miss my 1980 yz80 and my 84 yz125. 

Wore them both out without leaving Alpine. Back when Alpine was out in the country and we had trails everywhere instead of houses and fences. 

stats, oh and he finished the event. 3 loops/tests @ 73miles  total his avg speed @ 16mph hats off. beating a long list of adult rider people that I know from this bad habit we have.

On 12/5/2016 at 7:32 PM, robertaccio said:

to finish first first you must finish. I am very bummed for ISDE97 Matt to make the trip then DNF due to injury (walk away getoff but beat and bruised). the SDAR inmates, Ty did well and earned his pin with MTN man and Blake DNF. they can tell their story . these races just live on with bench races. PS the 1st 2 LAMC Tecate Enduros I did DNF 94 houred out late late and later---but I did ride out the course. 97 I quit at lunch i was about 5mins away from hour out anyway, but was hammered.  so my record aint so perfect, these events are larga y dura.

Tentative preliminary,

I finished 9th 50+open from 59 in class in trophy position, met my goal of a top 10 class finish in a talent heavy event (interstate and international)

Matt's suck at grass tracks comment is an understatement fact is I suck at any trail that I can see more than a tire track wide.....my brain cant focus!!! too much information to process hahaha

around 275 started.

Been 34 years since I finished a Tecate enduro,  so I'm pumped to do that.  But my pace has definitely slowed down! 

Mr Ktoomer it was great seeing down in the zone. glad you powered through it. This was a memorable enduro the format fit us old guys well with more than enough pit time between tests. see you soon in our local zone

chesty cam view of loop 2/test 2  (not me) this rider @ 104th oa