robertaccio

2014 TE300 Husky Refresh (KTM/Husky300 engine)

Well after the last local race in 100 degree heat. I figured It may be a good time to take a short break...well maybe just for enduro/xc...trials is still going strong.
My 2014 TE300 now has @ 3300 miles and is at 190 hours and untouched inside. Photos will come later. I bought a complete gasket set from GP Motos, so what ever I need I have.
Had a leaky right side secondary cover so i stripped down the right side, gasket was all trashed all else looks good water pump seal PV control, clutch, kick starter all good. Opened left side starter motor needed service along with all the gear assys. all looked good no corrosion , stator looks fine pickup looks good with only a few shavings stuck to the magnetic Left side good. felt some carbon up in the PV itself and was going to pull the piston anyway. cylinder looks great PV was not bound and had full throw but was carbon fouled and is normal when you let it go so long the carbon actually touched the piston and my second ring was completely in compressed and stuck position, so I was on one ring the top one. The piston has a lot of blow by and actual carbon build up in the side cavities, the crown has a fairly thick layer of carbon evenly spread across the top, the cylinder head was mostly clean with only a ridge of carbon on the exhaust side.
BR7EIX plug, engine mostly run on 40:1 but for a few months now I went to 50:1 and will continue that with maxima super m. pump premium. anyway all else looks great. will order new piston kit and reassemble asap. I use the OEM 35 P and 162 main with whichever needle the OEM chart says for 4000 ft and 75deg but one setting leaner. will finish to clean up PV and re assemble the cylinder. PS the PV setup is virtually identical to my 98 250EXC except for the closed inside gear drive for the secondary exhaust ports.

On August 19, 2016 at 11:12 AM, mtnmanseth said:

I actually understood all that.  Man, I love 2 strokes.

I was at a solid 85%.

started her on Motul 800 full synth then went SuperM. I am planning to go back onto full synth .  K2 Maxima or Motul 800 , mix will be 50:1

Piston notes all the blow by, lower ring seized in groove, PV piston side face carbon fouled.

Cylinder is all built back up, just waiting for OEM (Vertex) piston kit. this was a good evolution to really service the LH starter, clean the stator and inspect the RH clutch, water pump. Very ready for a fresh engine again.

0821161047.jpg

0821161047a.jpg

0821161047b.jpg

0818162045.jpg

Before Cancer, Taxes and death this is all I used in my 2 strokes

Amsoil.jpg

hmm anyone interested in purchasing a Husqvarna TE300 Husky with a fresh top end? and all sorts of enhancement mods.

yes B, you go buy a 2017 TX300 Husky and I will give you mine.....in trade , minus Trax shock and Rekluse core exp (both for TX300)

repeat.

anyone interested in purchasing a Husqvarna TE300 Husky with a fresh top end? and all sorts of enhancement mods