Sign in to follow this  
amgems

Garmin Montana 610 @ thegpsstore.com $349.95

Thanks for the heads up!  Bit the bullet and pulled the trigger!  Let the learning curve begin (I'm getting too old for this S**t)

I think CID runs a Montana too. He had the easiest to read GPS out of all of us. 

Yes I have a Montana. I'm really very GPS illiterate but the Montana is very easy to use once you figure out the basics. If I had to do it over I'd just get the base model. I never use the camera or some if the other extras on the 650.

CiD

I received the 610 about a week ago and have been learning and playing around with it. Probably have about 6-8 hours total time goofing around with it, and I like it! Very easy to learn. I downloaded the manual and just started going thru the steps described there. I'm about half way through the manual and already I'm recording, downloading, uploading, saving tracks, creating waypoints, customized the maps a little bit. I've found that the menus are easy to use. Lovin' the touch screen!! Especially like the way it records tracks. You can record, pause, delete, and save the tracks all day long. So you can record and save a number of tracks in one day. Very nice! Someone mentioned in another forum that it recorded a bunch of points when standing still. I didn't have that issue. Maybe their settings were incorrect. Display is good, but not super good in bright sun. I haven't played with all the different background colors and display settings yet, so I think I can fix that. Lots more bells and whistles to try out.

Back up to $429 and 419 on other site damn i waited too long should have bought it i hate my garmin 62s

Happy with mine.  Need to spend more time monkeying with the new mapping software.  I was used to using Mapsource for my GPSMAPC60, but having moved over to the Mac platform have had to start using BaseCamp.  Not sure yet how I like it, but it's the new reality I guess.

I have a Garmin 62 also.  It is great for backpacking/hiking, but sucks for motorcycling.  The screen is just too small to view while moving and I could barely see the screen in full sun conditions. When you are hiking, you can turn your body against the sun to view the screen.  Can't do that on a bike.

42 minutes ago, Mikey777 said:

I have a Garmin 62 also.  It is great for backpacking/hiking, but sucks for motorcycling.  The screen is just too small to view while moving and I could barely see the screen in full sun conditions. When you are hiking, you can turn your body against the sun to view the screen.  Can't do that on a bike.

Yup exactly while moving can hardly see and if i get lost or wanna find different trail to get out makes very hard with small screen to zoom in and out following trails