Just returned from 9 days in Jackson Hole Wyoming. Spent 4 days riding around the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park. I have hundreds of pics to go through and will post up over the next couple of days. Here's a little teaser pic.

IMG_5962_zps53puizdp.jpg

CiD

Good for you making that happen. Will be fun to hear how you figured the trail system.  Did you travel over to the Idaho Side, Driggs etc.?

And,,,Tough Job working through the foodie joints in town.    :good:

Here is another pic. I'm just not ready to put in the effort for a full report yet but I'll try and get around to it.

This is a picture I posted on another site on Facebook. You would not believe the crap I got from the trolls. I said something like I can't believe they let me ride off road in a National park. One troll said I should be arrested many others pointed out the it looks like I'm on a road ect...

I had to point out that I'm on a perfectly legal dirt road and that being from SoCal anytime we're not on pavement we might call it off road. 

I'm truly thankful that the members on SDAR don't give each other crap unless it's just good natured fun. 

P1090301_zpsqegqsmc6.jpg

CiD

5 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

You should be arrested for riding on that road.

Only for exceeding the 25 mph speed limit by about 50 mph in a few places, but if a bike speeds in the park and no one is around to see it is it still illegal?

Great pics Chris...those Tetons are awesome...more, more, more! Did you happen to go over towards Pinedale and Freemont Lake?

PS - Trolls need to be terminated...

I lived in southeast Idaho for almost three years from 1983-1985. That area of the country (Idaho, Wyoming, Montana) is truly incredible. I was riding a GS750T back then so didn't do any off road riding, but you don't have to go off road to enjoy the scenery up there. I have not been back since I left in late 1985 but definitely plan to spend time up there in the future. May even retire there. Hunting & fishing, skiing, riding - all about the best there is in the country.

Beautiful photos!

Nice pics Chris, keep them coming, even if only one at a time...  it is nice to see new areas to consider :), hmm, is that bike on your list- haha

Left Escondido and after a 10 hour drive pulled into Sundance Idaho. Had a nice dinner with my wife and Bob in the Tree room. Next day another 5 hours got us to Jackson Hole. I did a little hiking with my wife in the Tetons on Saturday then on Sunday we drove up to Yellowstone to take in the sights. I've never liked crowds very much and was actually happy to leave.  Then on Monday I hopped on my bike and rode over the Teton pass into Idaho. Nice road but it's paved so I was just there to look at the views. When I got back into Wyoming I found a little dirt road called Mesquito Creek. Very nice little dirt road that lead to a sign that had a single track trail that the locals have made with the permission of the forrest Service.

Single Track sign.

P1090157_zpsbknk2a2b.jpg

I rode the single track for awhile but it was pretty overgrown in places and I wasn't sure if I was on the single track or just some hiking trail after awhile so I turned around. When I got back on the main road I ran into a local on a KTM 380 smoker named Ed Prater who had just gotten back to his truck after riding the single track. He said that he had also turned around because it was just to rough in places to ride alone. We talked for about an hour and he said he'd be happy to ride with me the next day and show me around. We met up early the next morning and headed out.

Ed showed up on his very nice KTM 690 and off we went.

P1090201_zpsln1kovvt.jpg

Riding on little used dirt roads in the park was great. No crowds and dirt and beautiful scenery what could be better.

P1090255%201_zpshltrg0yb.jpg

Here is a picture along the Snake River in the Grand Teton National Park, It's called the River Road.

P1090204_zpsy0sj7cwy.jpg

Dang Nelson....more, more, more! We have white water rafted the Snake River a few times...beautiful up there!

Nothing more Grand than the American West.  Always inspiring.

Awesomeness!

...and f those guys on the other sites. I saw the BS they were posting. That's exactly why I don't spend much time on the sites with billions of knuckleheads.

I like my small group of knuckleheads right here.... :D

IMG_5973_zpsbfipiyrl.jpg

This lake is called Two Ocean lake. It's right on the continental divide and drains into two oceans.

IMG_4738_zpsodytwtzl.jpg

Here is my take on a famous picture taken by Ansel Adams.

IMG_5739_zpsnep9k3yg.jpg

Here's Ansel Adams pic

Ansel_Adams_The_Tetons_and_the_Snake_Riv

Another shot of the Snake River.

P1090228_zpsurn6f8xs.jpg

Yellowstone, Grand Prismatic Spring

IMG_5780_zpsuho3icrp.jpg

IMG_5803_zpss7wijihb.jpg

Old Faithful

IMG_5773_zpsnuusf60x.jpg

This is out of the parks just outside of Jackson Hole. It was nice of them to name a trail after me.

P1090278_zpsmyqqnr1o.jpg

This was taken on Sheep Creek trail.

IMG_5966_zps5uukaneg.jpg

That's it, good place to ride. 

CiD

What?  No Kugs sticker on the Nelson trail sign? 

46 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

Here is my take on a famous picture taken by Ansel Adams.

IMG_5739_zpsnep9k3yg.jpg

Here's Ansel Adams pic

Ansel_Adams_The_Tetons_and_the_Snake_Riv

That's it, good place to ride. 

CiD

Nice! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks.  I was in Yellowstone for 16 days with a RV and a jeep with my wife.  No off roading for me.  I found it hard to find a legal off road access.  What a beautiful place though.