jeremydgreat

Hi! Jeremy from Carlsbad

Hey all! I just wanted to stop in and say hello. My name is Jeremy. About a month ago I was returning from a weekend camping trip on Laguna Mountain and decided to check out some trails south of Julian and I came along EddieEarl and another forum member here. They were just coming off the trail that goes from Saddleback to Three Sisters Falls Trailhead (if I remember correctly). What a couple of friendly dudes! We talked for a few minutes and they mentioned this forum (which I'd come across a few times) and encouraged me to join and say hello. So, that's what I'm doin'.

About me:

I'm a 35 year old guy living close to the beach up in Carlsbad. About once a week you'll find me at Pizza Port Carlsbad getting rowdy (okay-not-really) with friends. I'm an avid beer brewer, a coffee roaster, photographer, bread baker, and amateur woodworker. For money, I work in the tech industry up in Bressi Ranch as a product manager. I look a little like Dom DeLuise. Sometimes I try to look tough in pictures.

me-1 copy 2.jpg IMG_8022.jpg IMG_8050.jpg

About my riding experience and bike:

Didn't grow up around motorcycles, didn't know people who had them, and had never ridden one until about 4 years ago. I was instantly hooked. Like any good city hipster I picked up a Triumph Bonneville. No one forgets their first. It's been, and continues to be, a great bike. Power full enough, fuel injected, fairly simple, and looks great. I've even met new friends because of it. 

IMG_8304.jpgIMG_9629.jpguntitled-1-6.jpg  

Eventually, I fit it with some home made panniers, strapped some bags on it, and took it on some pretty long trips.  There was a moment, in the dirt above Big Sur, I thought to myself "I love this motorcycle, but it wasn't meant for this."

westcoast-54.jpgIMG_8844.jpg

And I started looking into getting something more suited for longer travel over varied terrain. I wrote about the decision process a bit on this blog post, but I ended up getting a Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. I can't bring myself to sell the Bonny, and I've even come to appreciate how good it is on pavement and how much I enjoy the sounds and feel of it. Having said that... I am loving this new bike. Having a windscreen is amazing on the highway, sitting upright is nice on the back, and having some semi-knobby tires brings some confidence when the pavement ends. So, I guess now I have two motorcycles. 

IMG_9783.jpgIMG_9777.jpgIMG_9762.jpg

Looking to get off the pavement.

So, at this point in my young motorcycle career, I'm looking to get off the beaten path a bit more. I know that this bike looks like a monster to you thumper-wranglers and I-was-born-on-a-dirt-bike riders and, well, I guess it is. I think the wet weight is 480lbs or something close. Hopefully I can find some riders on this forum willing to have a jolly, bearded, slightly slower rider on a few local rides. I'm certainly not afraid to take some spills, get stuck in the sand, and put some battle scars on this new machine. Really, I'm here to learn from y'all. If you have any rides or trails to recommend for someone like me, do let me know!

I look forward to meeting some more of you all and spinning some tires.

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you will find lots of rides here to go on, especially when the weather cools down a bit.

Not another hipster, jk welcome and yeah when it cools down I'm sure the big bikes will come out and show you around also do some searching in the 1-3 day thread and you'll find some good rides and if you post up your going I'm sure some of us will get off the couch and show you around or I'm sure your apple computer and iPhone has gps on it and we can send you some tracks.

Welcome to the forum Jeremy, nice looking bikes. See ya on the trail some time. 

Here's a photo at the saddle on Eagle Peak from one of SDAR's rides. 

image.jpeg

Great photos , that last shot is the only remaining photo of Bikeslut's stunt double (far right).

Look how fat I am in that shot!

I'm the dweeb in blue shirt.

Welcome jeremy . I watched on of those Bonneville's go down kernan. They are tough.

Nice pic of Dom.

I'm not a hipster, but I drink PBR and have a Triumph in the garage....maybe I am a hipster?  

See you on the trail, Dom DeLuise.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yeah, it's hot-as-balls right now but when things cool down I'll be out there.

Until then... it's beach time. 

4.jpg

Welcome,

Loan me your Tiger and you wont have to put scratches in it. You can blame someone else.

Nice pic's.

Again welcome. Watch out though there are some smartasses on this forum.

Just now, Uncle Champ said:

Watch out though there are some smartasses on this forum.

That's how I like my forums. Nice and spicy. ;)

Slow, also with an XCx.

And Mosko Moto gear.

Except for your good looks, beard, youth, hat and generally cheery demeanor, we're probably brothers.

See ya out there!

On 7/27/2016 at 3:44 PM, Uncle Champ said:

Watch out though there are some smartasses on this forum.

hey, wait a minute now! 

dont just give it away ... now i have to work extra hard at it .

Hey Jeremy and Chris,

Aaron here from Carlsbad as well. I have a tiger 800 xc. lots of street riding experience but not much offroad.  I did the adventure bike class out at motoventures two weekends ago and have some skills to practise at least. Ordering some 50/50 tires for my bike soon so moderate/slow trail rides will be in my future as well. hit me up next time as I would like the help lifting my bike when i drop it.

haha