Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Escape from San Diego

OK,  Face It.  July is the time of year When You plan your escape.  The temps in the Dez and even the mountains are death defying to annoying.  

What is your plan, where are you going to escape?  Randy is doing the Total Bale, i.e. Alaska.  

DSCN2795-L.jpg

Indeed,  Just had my wheels trued, so good to go!  ;)

Sneeker,

Looks goood, Which Plate, small bike or the 600?   How would you characterize the east vs west side. Is this one of your Explore the Unknown rides?   At my limit for questions.  Hope it was or will be a good time.

Bags

Edit;   Nice Video, Thanks for the editing.

The 650R is the machine.  Need every CC when riding miles between 9k and11k.  I don't think the pig will be too big for the trails.
This is an unknown ride for me, although generally familiar with the area.  In this case, instead of drawing the tracks from scratch, I grabbed a bunch of tracks off of GPSxchange, cut and welded them together to fit my need, and added a few custom twists.  So, technically 85% of this ride has been pre-run on moto by a dude called CountDown on GPSxchange.

East vs west?  The east side will have more open country and higher elevation.  The west side will be in the Sierra proper, more woodsy.

The video is not mine.  When researching the area I found that Youtoob and made it my goal to capture what's on there in my ride.  I am 100% confident I have achieved that.

Summer season is mountain season.........

Bass Lake/Yosemite last week

046_zpsbdicd5qh.jpg

Mammoth Lakes in 2 weeks

015_zpsehzsxm5l.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:10 AM, Crawdaddy said:

Summer season is mountain season.........

Bass Lake/Yosemite last week

046_zpsbdicd5qh.jpg

Mammoth Lakes in 2 weeks

015_zpsehzsxm5l.jpg

I will be staying near Bass lake next month. Where can I get trail maps for this area?

Just back from 8 days above Sonora and over in Mammoth. Had to dodge the smoke from all the fires but a great time none the less.

IMG_7738.thumb.jpg.40051117bf6f2dcf96e405f62cbcd5b2.jpgIMG_7741.thumb.jpg.34ae407cd3cd30d5ae46764166e34e94.jpg

36 minutes ago, CVRick said:

I will be staying near Bass lake next month. Where can I get trail maps for this area?

A good start is to get a copy of California Trail Map. 

http://www.californiatrailmap.com/

Also get a copy of the Sierra National Forest map.

PM me and I can send you some tracks.