Sign in to follow this  
Afry

KTM confirms 800 Adventure is coming soon!

Good stuff should be a hit, hopefully they can get weight down to low 400s

If they didn't, they were going to lose market share as the 990's get retired by their current owners.  Not everybody has bought into the bigger Adventures. 

Hmmm. Interesting. Is this an all new engine for them?

OK. I just read the article. Is anyone else disappointed it is not a V-twin?

Yes and no, vtwin for nostalgic but parallel for space weight and power benefits

Torn on the v-twin thing, narrower and more torque, although the newer parallel's are getting skinny. It better be 40 lbs less then an AT or capable of being made 40 less.

57 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

I'd hope for sub 400#'s 

CiD

Prepare to be disappointed. If it is even close it will be another KTM slick marketing dry weight. Add the 5 gallons of gas and other fluids and it'll be competitive with the BMW and Triumph 800s.

8 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

If they didn't, they were going to lose market share as the 990's get retired by their current owners.  Not everybody has bought into the bigger Adventures. 

This is so true, I think they made a big mistake (my opinion only) by going to the big 1190 adventure,  the 990 was the true adventure bike.  I know I am only 5'8".5 tall and a inseam of 29.  The BMW 1200 was a hand full for me(and so would the 1190) I could ride my 1200 in the dirt but would be dead tiered after a days ride.  I can only think that KTM 800 adventure will be the ticket for a rider like myself.  I own the BMW F800 GSA, great bike but I had to put $2,800.00 into the suspension to make it ride off  road correctly.  I already know the KTM will come off the floor correct.   I would of bought the KTM 800 and be riding one if they would of had it out when I bought the BMW 800.

If only there were a 950 cc (or so) enduro type bikes -  that weighed close to 400 lbs.

You'd think someone would make something like that.

I'm very excited about the possibilities. For the riding I plan on doing in the next few years, I really feel I need something smaller and lighter than my 950 Adventure, but a single cylinder bike just won't cut it. I hope it is true KTM adventure.