I have my Indian up for sale on Craigslist and have been contacted by a guy who says he wants to look at it. However after saying he wants to look at it tomorrow he says he wants a vin report from bikevinexpose.com he says he doesn't want me to use carfaxs for a report. I told him I'm the 2nd owner of the bike and I know the guy I bought it from and that I've had it for years so I know the vin is clean. He said he still wants a report from bikevinexpose. I told him this seems like some kind of scam from bikevinexpose to drum up business but if he actually comes to look at the bike I'll buy the report while he is here and show it to him. I have not heard back from him. Anyone else ever run across this?

CiD

Technicals Datas

IP-based Geolocation of Bikevinexpose.com : flag SCSeychelles

Not to say anything's wrong with that, but....... The site registration is in the Netherlands, routed through Canada. The IP is possibly in Africa/Seychelles - maybe through an anonymizer.  Haven't heard of it or it's use but a quick look in the context of your question - I'd stay away.  Thx to Slut for sending me on this :)

1 hour ago, Covered in Dust said:

I have my Indian up for sale on Craigslist and have been contacted by a guy who says he wants to look at it. However after saying he wants to look at it tomorrow he says he wants a vin report from bikevinexpose.com he says he doesn't want me to use carfaxs for a report. I told him I'm the 2nd owner of the bike and I know the guy I bought it from and that I've had it for years so I know the vin is clean. He said he still wants a report from bikevinexpose. I told him this seems like some kind of scam from bikevinexpose to drum up business but if he actually comes to look at the bike I'll buy the report while he is here and show it to him. I have not heard back from him. Anyone else ever run across this?

CiD

Send me your cc# and I'll run a Vin check for you,,,  after a quick little stop at NCC ha ha!!!  

Its a scam buddy,,,I wouldn't run it even if he was there.  

Thanks guys, your great! I hate that we have to so suspicious of things these days, but I guess that's the world we live in.

CiD

I had the same thing happen to me when I sold a Jet ski about 8 months ago Chris,  it was a scam,  I had the same gut feeling you had.  

56 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

Thanks guys, your great! I hate that we have to so suspicious of things these days, but I guess that's the world we live in.

CiD

Way to listen to your inner voice. So many scams out there right now and they are always evolving. Don't hesitate to call / text for immediate response on this type of stuff.

5 hours ago, Beta450 said:

I have a 640 for sale on CL and have the same scam.

Is yours the one in Santee willing to trade for a Jeep or Land Cruiser? Seems like that ad has been running continuously for at least the past year. I assumed those old classics were easier to sell than that.

Also had someone request a "vin report" I gave him the cold shoulder, now I don't regret it.

Thanks for posting this!

I've started messing with them and saying I have a CarFax report before they even ask. Then they go into a big long story about how they've had bad luck with CarFax and want me to use xxxx reporting company. I tell them I'm to busy to get another report but I can email them my credit card number and they can order the report themselves.

CiD

I just got the IRS phone call scam. I let the guy go through his whole spiel and then at the end I laughed and said "Nice try" and hung up.