1 hour ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I found this article and will practice this "after" my next vacation. Just in case.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-set-a-tire-bead-with-an-explosion-feature

has any one done this on a BIKE?

Mr.JAJA

I've done this dozens of times with offroad truck tires in my old shop and in the middle of the desert. Done it twice on rear street bike tires doesn't work as good but does work. Honestly on a motorcycle with a ratchet strap around tire and tons of tire mounting lube or soapy water and a good air supply (not a tiny pump you keep on bike) and tire will seat on the bead essily. BTW the fire method can get very dangerous real quick use minimal propellant at first and build up more

I have actually used this method a few times on my off road cars / sand rails over the years. It's very effective. I've never used it on a bike as almost every bike I ride has tubes. But there is no reason it wouldn't work. When off roading my prerunner, I always carry a can of starting fluid for this exact reason.

We were talking about this last night.  I'd like to see it in person.

Yeah, this photo pretty much shows how my attempt would end up...

image.jpeg

Think we need another summer bonfire at fiesta cookout Dan and I'll flame up a tire 

15 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

Think we need another summer bonfire at fiesta cookout Dan and I'll flame up a tire 

Heck, yeah! Count me in.

(Paging Reximus for fire control.)

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 6/29/2016 at 0:42 PM, Bp619 said:

I've done this dozens of times with offroad truck tires in my old shop and in the middle of the desert. Done it twice on rear street bike tires doesn't work as good but does work. Honestly on a motorcycle with a ratchet strap around tire and tons of tire mounting lube or soapy water and a good air supply (not a tiny pump you keep on bike) and tire will seat on the bead essily. BTW the fire method can get very dangerous real quick use minimal propellant at first and build up more

I agree on the start low version.:ph34r: