I know it's been hot, but is no one riding these days? I just got back from three days ripping up the Sierras, but I need a Baja fix. Gonna do an easy ride from Tecate to The Sawmill on Monday. 

Weather should be in the mid 80's, but there's cold beer at the sawmill. I am thinking 8am at the border. Let me know if you want to go. Should be back by 4pm, unless we stop for beer at RSV. 

Bummer already got plans ive been trying to get similar ride in for a while now oh well until next time or when temps cool down in fall

Tempting 

Edit:gonna be 100 degrees this weekend im out

What about this weekend? I can do Saturday or Sunday, and I am open to an easy route if it's hot. Actually, if we leave early enough we can do some technical stuff, or just blast down the Compadre Hiway to the Sawmill for a beer and some burritos.

Anyone in?

I'm tied up this weekend, but will commit to the following weekend 08/06, A cold beer and some breakfast burritos sounds great! I'm willing to do a 5am start time if needed. The planets will align one of these days...for this loop to happen.

Where do you park? US side?  

My WR is not plated yet. How does that work? Push it or do I have to park in Tecate?

How far between gas?

I'd love to ride Baja again. 

Kenny 619-922-4554. Call me. 

FYI you can park on right just before the border hop on your un-plated bike and ride into Mexico, on way back, ride right up to border and ride back to the parking lot. True you are technically not supposed to ride on the US side but so many of my crew do it have done it with zero static from the fuzz. (that's not a law enforcement dig its just old school hip talk)

US side, if sheriff at the intersection push it if not ride back to truck, border patrol don't care they will ask where's plate but not needed to cross back.

Park across street from gas station in Tecate US or behind it $5 a day

Thanks guys. Now how much gas range. The WR burns gas like an old Chevy 454 with the map that's in it. I need to do a little research on that. 

1 hour ago, Ken S said:

Thanks guys. Now how much gas range. The WR burns gas like an old Chevy 454 with the map that's in it. I need to do a little research on that. 

What did you load into it? Post your Fuel and Ignition numbers.

It's around 80 miles to the sawmill. I ride my two stroke, and ride from the parking lot to the border, and then through Tecate. I ride conservatively through town. 

For range, I get around 25mpg, and I usually only need 2.5 gallons. I have a 4.1 gal tank, but I carry three liters in my pack for emergency reserve which I have needed. 

About going next weekend, I may be able to do that, too. I can take the 500, so she doesn't get jealous. But, my will have just gotten back from two weeks in Europe, so she may not be keen on that. 

If you make this weekend, that'd be best. Regardless, no 5:00am starts. 8:00 is fine as some of the technical riding starts right away. I usually get to the border around 7:15 since I am a little slow to get ready. 

Ok. Saturday or Sunday. I have a 4 gallon tank and 80 is safe for me. 

37 minutes ago, PastaPilot said:

What did you load into it? Post your Fuel and Ignition numbers.

Don't know. Winterfresh put the MX map in for me. I got 53.4 miles on 2.2 miles on a mellow fish creek night ride. 

Maybe that's ok for the WR. My RMZ did a little better but I had it geared high and could cruise at 60 at 1/4 throttle. The WR seems  high in the rpm range at 60 even though it does 86 with stock gearing. 

I put a 4 gallon tank and did a 80 ride Saturday and was pretty low at the end but much of the ride was 70 plus mph. 

1 hour ago, Bp619 said:

Dunno about range for that trip but Kenny if you ever need little more range get one of these in 4litre size

https://www.amazon.com/MSR-Dromedary-Bag/dp/B000FISRUC?th=1&psc=1

I just strap it or zipty to my backpack nice to have a gallon handy

Is that better than the 2 liter Pepsi bottle I usually carry in my camel pack?

I don't really care. Weather looks the same. 

Anyone who wants to go, please send your confirmation and preferred day. Voting closes soon. 

13 minutes ago, Ken S said:

Is that better than the 2 liter Pepsi bottle I usually carry in my camel pack?

Haha yeah I used to carry 2 1 litre Gatorade bottle but switched to this msr bag works good smell does leach out so don't put inside pack and I would leave it in bag for multiple days but it does work used mine about 10 times on day trips no problems.

4 minutes ago, jawhitmoyer said:

Sunday. If it's just us, we can carpool if it makes sense. I live in RB. 

I'll ask the boss about Sunday what time usually back at the trucks? 

I'm in Alpine. It's not far. I can meet you there. 

@ken, sounds good. Shoot me a text Friday night to confirm. Plan on being ready to cross the border at 8:00am. 

Back by 4:00pm, although if it's hot we'll take the easy path back, which can shave at least an hour.