Had a great ride Thursday with Randy and Snorre sending them both off. Snorre going back to Norway on the 27th, and Randy on the adventure of a lifetime. 

We rode to the top of Otay Mountain to show Snorre the views.  It was  quite smoggy, couldn't even see the ocean.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Yes, the Pacific Ocean is out there somewhere!image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

We rode down and looked at the bunkers, then back up the mountain to dog house junction and down the mountain where Snorre took the lead and took off on the TTR like he'd been riding it forever. At Marron Valley Rd. Randy took off so he could go see the Hooter girls and drink beer.

image.jpeg

We rode South and ended down in the valley and we decided to make the trek over towards Barret Junction. We found a nice trail off the main road and followed it up to the end and stopped for a photo and chat. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

We then took the road over towards 94. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

It just so happens that on Tuesday's and Thursday's they have $1:00 fish taco bike specials at Barret Junction! We both had four tacos and a couple of cold ones to refuel for the rest of the ride. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Talking with a friendly local  image.jpeg

More to come!

Nicely done, Jim. Way to represent the club and show the hospitality.

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

Nicely done, Jim. Way to represent the club and show the hospitality.

Thanks LB, I've received so much already from members of the " gang ", it was fun to give back a little. Plus we have a Scandinavia connection. The comradery in motorcyclist is pretty amazing!image.jpegAfter lunch we headed East to Tecate to fill the tanks, just to be sure. About 55 miles so far on the trip. Wanted to find some more dirt which wasn't hard to do. We stopped on a little knoll to take some photos. Mexico in the back ground. That was my first time there also.image.jpegimage.jpegWe attracted some company fairly quickly. Nice guy, just wanted see what we were up to and where we were headed. I wasn't sure, thought about trying to get to the beginning of the PCT to show Snorre. The BP pointed out a trail that would cut the ridge line and head East, he said we could probably make it in 30 minutes.image.jpegClose to an hour later and finding more dead ends than what I show on the map, we decided to head home. It looks like if we had kept going in a couple of areas we would have made it. A lot of fun though!image.jpegI'm pretty sure the Northern spot on the map that we rode is where these photos where taken. image.jpegimage.jpegWe felt like we were being watched, what do you know!image.jpegWe slabbed it home on 94 into RSD and had a coffee, and then up Mount Helix to see the sights and watch the sunset.

What a great day!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I'm pretty sure we'll be spotting the Kug in Norway soon!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

looks like you made a friend for life.

thanks for the taco tip i had no idea they even served tacos.

Thanks for the nice write-up from a special and very great day, Jim!  It was great to see more of the areas around here, and off course there is nothing like that of doing that on a motorcycle. It was also great to have Randy's company up to the top of Otay mountain among other places. A very memorable day, and very kind of you to lend out your bike(s) (after the XL250R sold much more quickly than what I expected). Hope to see you or some other SDAR people in Norway some day, and get the possibility to lend out a bike and take somebody around.. It has been really great to stay in SD for a year, and meet some of you SDAR members.Thanks again!

Looks like I missed some more fun riding after I left, and mainly fish tacos and beer ! 

Thanks Jim for organizing this little sendoff ride, had a good time, and got to know Snorre better....I'll definitely be stopping by to see him in a few years on my journey, once I make it to Europe.

On ‎18‎.‎06‎.‎2016 at 6:58 PM, Wierdrider said:

Thanks LB, I've received so much already from members of the " gang ", it was fun to give back a little. Plus we have a Scandinavia connection. The comradery in motorcyclist is pretty amazing!image.jpegAfter lunch we headed East to Tecate to fill the tanks, just to be sure. About 55 miles so far on the trip. Wanted to find some more dirt which wasn't hard to do. We stopped on a little knoll to take some photos. Mexico in the back ground. That was my first time there also.image.jpegimage.jpegWe attracted some company fairly quickly. Nice guy, just wanted see what we were up to and where we were headed. I wasn't sure, thought about trying to get to the beginning of the PCT to show Snorre. The BP pointed out a trail that would cut the ridge line and head East, he said we could probably make it in 30 minutes.image.jpegClose to an hour later and finding more dead ends than what I show on the map, we decided to head home. It looks like if we had kept going in a couple of areas we would have made it. A lot of fun though!image.jpegI'm pretty sure the Northern spot on the map that we rode is where these photos where taken. image.jpegimage.jpegWe felt like we were being watched, what do you know!image.jpegWe slabbed it home on 94 into RSD and had a coffee, and then up Mount Helix to see the sights and watch the sunset.

What a great day!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I'm pretty sure we'll be spotting the Kug in Norway soon!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jim, you are right! Noticed one at Hell Station, a few days ago. Notice the can to the left in the picture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Station

https://www.google.no/maps/place/Hell,+7517+Hell/@63.4484835,10.8854243,3304m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x466d16fb3ae6fd6d:0x1596b57897c52a6b!8m2!3d63.4451715!4d10.9052167

I'm thinking about San Diego and SDAR people about every day.. Hope to meet some of you guys again soon, in the not too distant future,

on my side of the atlantic, or your.. Have a great weekend!

KUG_Hell.jpg

KUG_can.jpg

Edited by norwegian2015_2016
added some pointers to where Hell, Norway, is.

That's awesome Snorre, that Kugster sure gets around.

You too, have a great weekend. Mine started off yesterday with a short trip out to Otay. 

Take care, and stay in touch. 

image.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Dan Diego said:

Very cool, Jimbo.

Can you still ride this weekend Dan? If you can and want to take a jaunt out there somewhere let me know. 

Maybe we can get that surgery done sooner than later!

26 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Can you still ride this weekend Dan? If you can and want to take a jaunt out there somewhere let me know. 

Maybe we can get that surgery done sooner than later!

Ha ha!  Oh, how I'd like to, Jim.

Because of my ability to take spectacular dirt naps, I've limited my riding to asphalt adventures.  Some of the SDAR boys sent me off in style with a pavement ride last week.  And that's gonna have to do it, I'm afraid.